Chapter 22

Finally, it's time to leave the Elven home and head to the Dragon's homeland. Coldrog mentioned that it isn't far from Mankana. Nonetheless, a whole new world is about to be opened to me. I've only been as far as the city itself. I wonder what lands lie beyond the mountains that dot Argostia. I really do hope the city will elect a new ruler soon. It seems as if the whole city is on a military lockdown until everything calms down. It's hard to imagine that the great armies that the city housed were decimated. Like the rest of the world, they'll recover in due time. Only time will tell if the world can hold itself together...

"Relaria!" Coldrog snaps me out of my thoughts, "You coming or not?"

"I'd like to fly next to you if that's okay?" This is a great opportunity to test how long I can sustain my demon form and see how long I can fly, "I want to test my demon form."

"It'll be a long flight for one who isn't used to it." Zughyphi says calmly. They really are the perfect couple. Coldrog being a hothead who would rather deal with matters with force and sheer will. Zughyphi is a calm and collected person who tries to keep her other half calm. They're lucky to have each other.

"Don't worry about me." I look around in embarrassment, "If I lose you two, I'll track you down."

They both look at each other before Coldrog looks down in defeat, "As much as it pains me, we'll fly next to you so you don't get lost."

"Aw, you do have a heart." I say sarcastically while trying to avoid his icy stare, "Shall we get a move on?"

"Bye Relaria." Myriani walks up to me and gives me a tight hug, "Be sure to come back and say hi."

"Promise." I whisper in her ear, "I promise I'll come and visit when I can."

"That's all I wanted to hear." She says softly and pushes herself away, "Safe travels and please stay safe and protect this world."

I nod and close my eyes and take a deep breath. I call upon Vaken's power so that I can change my form. Chaos slowly flows around me as I reach for the shadowy demon in my head. I feel the shadow phase into my body and when I open my eyes, I achieve the demon form without the help of Vaken.

The transition will one day be seamless. The more you use the ability, the faster it will become. Now, don't get us killed and don't strain yourself too much. I have become accustomed to you and it would be a waste for you to die so soon.

I chuckle to myself as I open and close my hands. I can feel every inch of my body filled with power. This didn't happen the last time I transformed. After only two transformations, my body is already becoming accustomed to Vaken's power.

"So, this is what you were hiding from us?" Eliose chuckles, "There's nothing to hide!"

"This isn't what I wanted to hide." I say as a fang pokes my lip. I'm not quite used to talking with protruding fangs, "I'm hiding an instant kill technique." I say getting serious, "If I used it during the fight, you wouldn't be here, Eliose."

"Eh, right..." Eliose says nervously, "Nonetheless, color me impressed! This is the power that Vaken's granted you, hasn't it?"

"Yeah." I nod, "As different and menacing as I look in this form, I'm going to use it to my full advantage and protect everyone I can."

"Alright!" Coldrog roars as he enters his Dragon form, "Enough talking! We need to go, now!"

"Guess that's my que." I smile and rise into the air next to the Dragon's, "Farewell and good luck." My eyes lock with Myriani as she nods with determination. She needs to look after that child once it's born and Relas as well.