First day at work

Rebecca reached home late in the evening, her family was already having dinner.
" Bec, where have you been?
Come on, let's eat" her aunt said with a slight smile.
  -"I am really tired" she said with a sigh as she sat down.
-" Hey! I have good news!" She said excitedly
-"what news?" Lizzy, Sammy and Nadine asked in a chorus.
-" I got a job at Hurley's! I am starting work tomorrow".
-" what? At Hurley's? You are going to work at Hurley's?" Lizzy said in amazement.
" Lizzy come on! Your food might chock you" Rebecca said laughing at how her sister was reacting.
-" That's good to hear honey, I am proud of you."
-" thanks aunt Beth, now let's eat, I am starving."

***
-" Anyway Bec, tomorrow we are going at your parents' memorial. Aren't you coming along?" Her aunt asked when they were cleaning the dishes
-" Oh, no i totally forgot. It's my first day of work tomorrow and I can't be absent. You guys just go, I will go at my parents' memorial on my day off "

" Alright then. We shall leave first thing in the morning" said Bethany.

-" Oh, by the way say hello  to them for me. Tell them I miss them and also give them my excuse. Tell them I will make it up to them."

" Okay sis don't worry, mom will understand" Lizzy said .

" Alright girls, I will head to bed first, finish that up" Bethany said mentioning to the sinks.
"  Don't worry aunt, just go have some rest me and Lizzy shall take care of it" Rebecca called back at her aunt.

" Well, how was your day?" Lizzy asked after making sure that their aunt had gone to her room.

" Bec, what's wrong with that face? Are you alright? Tell me!" Anxiety could be heard in the voice of Elizabeth. It was clear that something wrong was with her sister. These two had been buddies since they were children and the fact that they were almost like twins made their bond even stronger. Elizabeth could not stand seeing her sister suffer that was too much.

-"  Lizzy, I saw that man." Rebecca finally said after a long moment of silence, as a tear slowly made its way down her cheek and she wiped it off. Lizzy knew automatically who her sister was referring to. She could feel the rage go through her. She tried to blink back the tears that were building up In her eyes. Rebecca was suffering and it was evident.

-" But how? You met him at Hurley's?"

-" no, he found me at kelly's store. Maybe he had gone at my search, remember when Kelly told us about her uncle asking her about a girl who went to their store on that Friday wearing a black skirt and pink top?"

-"yes! You think he's still after you?"

-" yes, because I think the early encounter wasn't a coincidence"

-" wait, did he recognise you?"

-" yes, and he was so sure it was me even though i kept on denying it".

-" did he hurt you or something?"

-" No, in fact he seemed nice, but I don't care, he destroyed my life and that's the only picture I have of him. I walked out on him before he could say anything further"

" I am sorry you have to go through this"

-" if he could just stay out of my life, what does he want from me anyw-" she started throwing up before she could finish her sentence. Lizzy quickly held her and aided her. She brought water and a towel after Rebecca was done.

" Are you Alright?" Lizzy asked as she helped her sit on the couch. Rebecca looked up at her wide eyed.

" I feel dizzy! Lizzy, I think that I am pregnant. It's been three weeks already"

" Bec no, it can't be, may be it's just a disorder. Come on let me help you up to your room. You will be just fine tomorrow morning."

" Alright!"

****
'8:00 a. m' read her clock when she finally opened her eyes.
-" oh, my God I am late for work" she sat up quickly and said a small prayer and rushed to the bathroom. She did everything in a flash and headed down towards the door.
-" Bec!" Nadine called from the kitchen

- "aren't you having breakfast?"

-" I am late, I will  eat later! Bye I have to go"

-" but Bec-" Lizzy tried to convince her sister to eat since she knew that Bec wasn't feeling well. but Bethany cut her off.

" Just let your sister be Lizzy, finish up, we don't want to be late"

****
" Good morning sir!" One of the waitresses at Hurley's said to Alfred when he came on the first floor.

-" Good morning! Isn't Mrs. Portman here yet?"

" No sir!"

-" What took her so long?"

-" I don't know sir"

-" ok, if she gets here, call my secretary right away!"

-" yes, sir!" The girl nodded as Alfred turned on his heels towards the elevator. Before he could move one more step, he heard someone come running towards him calling out. he turned around to see sweating Rebecca. She was panting continuously and could hardly stand on her two feet

-" sir! Sir! I am sorry I was late today, I swear it was not my fault sir, it won't happen again" he almost chuckled at her appearance then. Her whole face had a furious blush because of embarrassment. She looked so innocent.

" And who's fault was it then? Mine?" He was starting to be amused with making her nervous.

" Sir, no it wasn't your fault. Alright it's my fault. In fact sir, it was me, I slept too tight I couldn't even hear my alarm clock, sir I am really sorry!"

She was about to get on her knees when he held her up.
-" it's fine, you don't need to kneel" he said with a bemused smile on his face.
Was this man serious, she thought she was losing her job and here he was smiling. What was so funny? She shot him an annoying look. And he decided to play along.

" What's with that look? Be grateful you are not fired. Get to work now! And don't be late again. You are such a drama queen" he did not wait to hear her answer, and immediately turned towards the elevator. But he heard a heavy sight escape her mouth and he heard her talking to the other waitress in relief. Actually he wasn't the type to joke with employees but he couldn't help but smile at how nervous Rebecca looked back then. She was so funny and innocent. How could she have been raped of all the people?

****
Rebecca had just finished serving her 10th customer from the morning. she had tried to keep up even though she had started feeling dizzy. She was just praying that there could be no more customers so that she could finally sit a bit. Paloma the other waitress had asked her if anything was wrong and offerd to cover for her if she sat and rested but Rebecca had refrained saying she was okay. She was alone in the kitchen. everyone was taking a break. Suddenly her head started spinning and suddenly everything went black.

When she opened her eyes, she saw a white ceiling.
-" Where am I?" She asked in whisper.

***
Hello guys! Did you like this chapter?

What do you think will happen next?

What do you want to happen next?

Please comment and vote. Your comments give me the courage to continue.

Much love