For the sake of my baby

Previously

*********

" i don't know anymore." she answered in confusion. just as she was thinking things through, they heard a door bell.

" i will get it" Rebecca stood up and went to open.

" Hi!" said Steve

" Steve, what are you doing here? Cole? Lizzy? but what's going on?" she asked in confusion when she saw Lizzy and Cole behind Steve then she understood. so, that's where Lizzy had gone?

********

" hey are you going to let us in? or you are just going to keep on staring at us?" Cole said jokingly when he saw that Rebecca stood puzzled

" Oh, sorry, come in!" she smiled shyly and stepped aside for them to enter.

" Kelly! you are here! " said Lizzy and went over to give her a hug. Kelly gave pecks to both Cole and Steve. and they  sat down.

" coffee!" Rebecca asked.

" yes please!" said Cole.

" What about you?" she said addressing to Steve.

" the same as Cole." " Alright, i will be right back" she said forcing a smile and then disappeared to the kitchen.

*******

"What am i gonna do? " she asked her self as  she made the coffees. what if she accepted their proposal, Steve surely was a good guy. and he surely would take care of their baby, the was no doubt. and about her love for him, may be she would fall for him one day . may be they could give birth to more children and live a happy life. she just hopped that her choice wasn't wrong. but even if she refused to marry him, her life would surely be a nightmare. she knew it. suddenly her heartbeat increased at the thought of marrying him and her hands started to  shake, but she knew that marrying him was the only right hing to do.' for the sake of my baby' she told her self.

her coffees  were ready. she put them on a coffee tray and took them to the living. she found them laughing and blagging. she saw how easy Steve could be around his friends, but he still had that dominant environment that he created around her. every time he was around, she felt somehow intimidated. and she felt it even ore at he thought of marrying him.

" Bec, how long are you going to stand there?" Lizzy asked when she saw that Rebecca was staring at steve.

" coffee's ready!" Steve said excitedly trying to get Rebecca out of her embarrassment. Rebecca placed the tray on the table and handed each of them one. 

" what about you? " Cole asked with a look of concern when he noticed that Rebecca had nothing to drink.

" i will just take juice, coffee is not good for he baby."

" someone is taking care of the baby, uuuuu!" kelly said excitedly.

" stop it Kelly, of course i must take care of my baby. i will get a juice for my self, excuse me." she said with a slight smile and went to get a juice.

" tell me Lizzy, why does she look nervous?" Kelly asked.

" I don't really know, i too noticed that she looks pale from the moment we arrived."

" I've made my decision" the firm voice of Rebecca turned their attention to her. Steve became nervous, why did marrying her make him so anxious. it was like his heart wanted her, he had an inexplicable urge to marry her. he somehow felt like if she refused, he would be hurt. not because of the baby, but because of her. he wanted to marry her, protect her, and some day, love her.

" i will marry you, but only for the sake of my baby and nothing else" everyone was puzzled inclu ding Steve who was then standing up. they had thought that convincing her would be a hard task. but here she was saying yes.

" look, i know you guys are here to convince me to marry Steve which i will end up accepting anyway,so there. i will marr-" she was interrupted by Steve's hug 

" thank you! i promise you won't regret saying yes." his hug felt so warm. she hated to admit it but it felt wonderful and she could hug him for eternity. but marrying him was only for her baby's sake. she pulled out of the hug.

" Steve it's only for our-"

" i know, and i don't say otherwise. now, i need to present you to my family. i told my mom that i a m bringing my fiancee over for dinner, i will pick you up"

" do i have a choice? i said yes, right?" she sat on a sofa and Steve sat beside her.

" wow! sis, i have to admit . you took me by surprise. i thought we were going to kneel and beg you. but out of nowhere, you said yes. and now you are his fiancee"

" you would have ended by convincing me anyway, so why bother?"

" congs bro, you will get married soon and become a man" Cole said and Steve just smiled.

" Steve, let's get married very soon. before my pregnancy shows" to be frank, Rebecca her self was surprised with what she had just said.

" wuuuuuu! someone wants to get married" Kelly said excitedly. she was always playful and so humorous and funny. she always faced each situation with incontrovertibility. and Rebecca loved her for that.she was her best friend.

" Kelly you are something else!" Steve said with a slight smile. he saw a blush on Rebecca's cheecks. was she as excited as he was? that was amusing

"of course, let's put the wedding in the two upcoming weeks that way we shall have enough time for preparations."

" you are right buddy, by then her pregnancy will be around two months. that will be perfect" said Cole.

" that's right." said Lizzy. and, they all agreed on the wedding date , and after that Steve and Cole went home to prepare for dinner.

********

so, the plot thickens. are you guys against their marriage, or you support (STEBECCA) their couple.

it was short, but i hope you liked it.

don't forget to vote, comment , and share

love, Sando:)