Reality struck 1

*****
Fred, I think it's the news"
steve said in a shocked voice. Alfred turned to see the news. It was a car accident, three bodies were being covered in body bags and one woman approximately at the age of 19 was being put in the ambulance she was seriously bleeding.
'They can't be gone' are the last words she said and she passed out again in Alfred's arms.

****

" I think we should  call some people that are close to her. We should let them know her whereabouts" Alfred said as they both started at Rebecca who was still lying unconscious for about 4 hours.

" Good idea bro-" before steeve could say anything more, the Alfred's phone rang

" Yes Mia, what's wrong?"
" Sir, there is a woman here at work. She said she is Rebecca's friend. She is looking for her. Sir she looks worried"

" Alright, send her here at the hospital"

" Okay, sir!"

" That was my secretary. She said a woman came looking for Rebecca. She must be her friend." Alfred said after hanging up.

" That's good to hear. Anyway do you think she will wake up soon bro?" Steeve asked still staring at Rebecca.

" Bro, she is all pale. I don't think it's soon"

" She has to wake up. The baby needs to be okay. The mother must must be okay too. I want my baby safe and sound."

" Acting all possessive, huh? Tell me, what if she refuses to let you have the baby?"

" Then I will have no choice but to do it against her will"

" She will only hate you more"

" I don't know bro! All I know is that I won't let my child grow without a dad. I don't want to be a jerk like my own dad"

" I've got your back bro!"

" Alright, let me check on my mother, I will be back. Look after her for me" Steve said with his hand on Alfred's shoulder

" Okay bro! I will. Tell your mother that I wish her quick recovery"

" I will." Steve said with a sigh and then turned to get out of the room. A lot was on his mind. Two important women in his life were in the same hospital all because of his so called father. He hated his father so much and the thought of it gave him a hard headache. Rebecca was now part of his life  even though he had not planned for it at all. but then she was here and he wouldn't let her raise the child all by herself even though it meant tarnishing his image .all he wanted was to make it up to her. So he dialed cole's phone.

" Yes bro!" Cole said from the other side of the line.

" Cole, listen to me, I need you to bring some supplies here at the hospital"

" Wait, what you took is already used up? " Cole asked referring to the supplies of Steve's mom.

" Cole, we are not talking about my mom. She's fine. It's Rebecca, she's here. Earlier she fainted at work and was brought here by Fred. Bro, I think some important people to her were in an accident and she fainted for the second time after discovering that she was pregnant and about the accident."

" Oh my God! Alright bro! I will be there in no time. Just tell me what you need."

" Alright, get some food and fruits. Bring her some clothes too. And also bring flowers"

" Flowers? Is she your girlfriend or something?"

" Hhh, bro she is the mother of my child. But it's not for that. The flowers stand for my apology bro, I did wrong to her"