Steve jr.

Enjoy!

***********

" Hey honey!" She placed the iPad against her makeup mirror to get a better view of Steve.

" How is mu wife and kid? Are you fine? Want me to come over?" Steve who sat in his hotel room said.

He had gone on a business trip  in Las Vegas two days from Christmas Eve and he had been staying there for a month.

" We are fine and getting very good care from everyone around us, so when exactly are you coming? The baby might come out anytime. That's what the Doctor said.

" Let me set my departure plans I will be there tomorrow morning. I will just find a quick replacement for this project. Can't miss the arrival of my prince.

" Our prince" she smiled as she touched her berry feeling and laughing at the baby kicks.

On the other side of the call, Steve received a notification.

" Honey I gotta go okay? I will call you again tonight around dinner. I have a business call" he said and waited for Rebecca's response and kissed her goodbye.

She looked in the mirror. He reflection, she had never imagined that it would look like that. So happy and calm.

Her mind flashed back to when she had received news on her pregnancy, the only thing she felt then was rage and hopelessness, how could have her life turned into a nightmare overnight? She had even just lost her only family.

But had not even realised that the man who would compensate for her lost happiness was already in her life and was there all along.

She smiled at his thought and of the baby.
The thought of the baby brought fear in her, Norman had told her he would be back to see the baby on Christmas Eve. She then remembered the story behind Norman's scandal.

***************

" Mom, we have something to ask you before you go. Could you spare us some time?" Steve had asked when they had escorted his mom to her car just after Christmas Eve.

" Is it something I should be worried about?" She had asked with a worried face.

" Maybe. But not that much. So let's go back in for sometime?" He had answered.

" Alright, I guess it's very important then" Rebecca gave her a worried smile and an appreciative nod.

" So what is it that you need to ask me?" She had asked once on the inside after receiving a glass of water.

Steve and Rebecca exchanged a worried look but had their gazes on their mother.

" Mom, father in law called-" Rebecca said and paused for a while to see Madelaine's shocked and at the same time angry expression.

" Earlier today at the party. He said he would be back to see his step-grandson." Rebecca continued and paused again.

" Did he really say that?" Her mood changed to a guilty one then.

" I guess I have to tell it to you now?"

" What mom? Is there any truth to what he said? We really need to know".

His mother eyed him with a sad and worried face, then cupped his right cheek with her right arm, tears slowly falling.

" My son I never wanted you to be part of this. I always wanted you could grow up and become a real man and have your own family that will love you and cherish you as you deserved. If life was easy, I would find  a way to make up for the lost time and give you the comfort you need. Look son, Norman is not your father. I had you through an affair and that's why he always cheated on me and hurting me in everyway possible. That's why I kept on Tolerating him but I really got mad when he got my best friend pregnant and made her his second wife. That's when he had a fight with you, so son I am sorry I made your life miserable and had your Father hate you for all my mistakes. And I am really sorry for not telling you i didn't know where to start I am sorry" she had started crying and was sobbing then.

" Mom, you don't have to be sorry for anything I totally understand. What you did was wrong yes, But mom why did he have to always treat you like trash? As if you held no value? Mom don't worry he will never lay even a finger on you anymore because I will catch him myself and put him behind bars, that's a promise"

he said and then pulled  into. Very tight hug

***************************

She finally understood what mystery hid behind Norman's story.

It had been so confusing for her how a father can be able to hate his own child much less his own family.

But everything was crystal clear, he never had a child of his own with the woman he only loved, so he resorted to hurting her and behaving so irrationally.

The thought of it all made her so nervous and restless, how long was it going to take to catch Norman?

She then started feeling pain in her lower abdomen, the 'must be labor' she said to herself and tried to calm down but the pain only worsened.

She managed to get up with the unbearable cramps and hit the emergency bell just under the lampshade near her bed.

In seconds her door flew open, exposing Lizzy and Kelly who run to her and hurriedly helped her out and into the car which rushed to a hospital.

***********
Pacing around the waiting area was Kelly and murmuring something that seemed to be a prayer.

" Kelly will you stop. I think I am getting dizzy due to your pacing"

" Come on Lizzy! It's been two hours already and we haven't got any feedback and I haven't heard any baby cries, oh hey have you talked to Steve, he must be on his way here"

" No it went straight to voicemail, maybe he is in a meeting maybe but I made sure he gets the message. Oh, here's the doctor! Doc, how are my Daughter and grandchild?" Madeline said as she got up and hurriedly went to the doctor.

" I have to say that Mrs. Clause is a fighter, she wouldn't have survived this if she were any other woman"

" What do you mean?" Asked Lizzy worriedly.

" She was really tired and couldn't push the baby as necessary and caused delayed delivery. But she kept on fighting and used up all the energy her body had I'm store and then she passed out after giving birth to a beautiful baby boy. But don't worry, she will wake up soon and the baby is fine. You can see him in a while after he is dressed up.

" Alright thanks Doc!" Said Lizzy.

" Excuse me! I need to go now" the doctor excused himself and left after they excused him.

They then saw many Nurses escorting unconscious  Rebecca to a VIP room. That made them worried and gave full speed to Lizzy's pacing. How she Loved pissing everyone around her. Leave her to do it in the most inappropriate places. Like then in the hospital

**********

I honestly should have made this longer but I am way too sleepy😴😴 and I can't afford to leave you
hanging, so here.

Kindly leave a comment and please vote. Don't forget to share if you like it so it can reach as many people as possible.

And lastly, much Love , sandoanagelle:)