Chapter Nineteen: The Little Girl

"So that's why (Y/N)-chan not being able to participate in the Sports Festival wasn' t a problem?" Kaminari asks.

"Not exactly," Aizawa replies, "(L/N) and anyone who wasn't scouted during the Sports Festival will have a harder time getting in on a Hero Work-Study. Then again, the world seems to like her. I bet she'll have plenty of recommendations."

I glance at her, I can almost feel my eyes soften at the sight of her face. She's looked so much happier ever since the Hero License exams. Her eyes haven't stopped sparkling since. It brings a smile to my face. Three days later, Midoryia's house arrest ended so Aizawa began discussing more about Hero Work studies. Three third-year students enter the classroom. 

One is a boy with pale skin, messy, indigo hair and indigo eyes. Another boy, seemingly the leader of the group, has blond hair with oval blue eyes and a generally plain-looking face. The girl in the group has long, flowing periwinkle hair and royal blue eyes. They line up together as Aizawa explains who they are.

"They are the Big Three."

Apparently, we're all fighting the blond guy. We head over to Gym Gamma after getting into our UA gym uniforms. But I just want to watch from the sidelines. After all, I couldn't even get my Hero License.

Midoryia is the first to attempt to attack Togata. The blond sprints forward...but his clothes fall off? Midoryia tries again but his foot passes through our upperclassmen. Everyone tries but they also fail, getting punched in the stomach.

All except for (Y/N).

She stands, covered in her own kinetic energy, "Permeation, right?"

Togata freezes, "Someone's done their research."

"You've worked hard to master your power, I can tell," She says, "At first, I assume you'd get stuck halfway, accidentally fall through floors.. Right?"

Togata sighs, "So you're the one!"

She tilts her head in confusion.

"You're the strongest one in class 1-A!"

(Y/N) chuckles, gesturing to the est of her classmates, "I'm not. They're all strong. They've all worked hard for their current position at UA. Honestly, I don't think I can beat you. Anything I do, you can just slip out."

"Adapt," He shuts his eyes for a split second.

And (Y/N) disappears.

Togata glances around, but (Y/N)'s nowhere on the ground. She files above him, still covered in her energy. She doesn't have to come down for a while. When Togata's stance looses, (Y/N) grabs him with her energy and lets herself fall. She lets all energy go at the last second. When she lands, Togata is knocked to the ground, but not knocked out.

(Y/N) quickly turns, grabbing both of his arms and locking his legs down with her energy.

"My, you had me fooled."

He drops through the ground. Well, at least, his top half does. His legs are still locked in (Y/N)'s energy. He comes back up with fearful eyes that meet (Y/N)'s confused ones.

"How?"

"I don't- I don't know."

"That I guess I've been beaten. I can't get out of this." He replies, smiling.

(Y/N) smiles too, releasing him, "Thank you."

Togata and the other two explain Hero Work studies and before the group of three leave, the blond pauses, looking back at (Y/N).

"When you're free, come see me," He says, "I have someone I think you would like to meet you."

She blushes, turning away as other members of our class bombard her with questions. I approach, silently congratulating her as our day ends and a new era begins.