Chapter Eight: Another Mystery

Today's the day of the training camp. Our class heads to the buses and are met with class 1-B. I decide to ignore Monoma and immediately find my own seat on the bus, as well as one for (Y/N). She immediately sits down beside me with a grin. But behind the grin, hidden in her eyes, is pain and a river of regret. What's going on?

"Are you okay?" I ask.

She flinches and giggles, "N-No! No, I'm fine."

I raise my right eyebrow, clearly not convinced.

"Seriously, it's just my resting face!"

I chuckle, "Alright, fine. I believe you."

She rolls her eyes, giggling again as the bus begins to move and we're on our way to the training camp. A few minutes into the ride, I feel something lean up against my shoulder. I glance down to see (Y/N) fast asleep. I smile at her sleeping frame and lean my head on top of hers. For the rest of the ride, we both are fast asleep. We arrive, we're jolted awake by Kaminari's electricity. I glare at him but he runs off before I can do anything. (Y/N) and I get off the bus, yawning and stretching. Two women in costumes stand before us, discussing the training camp and introducing themselves as Mandalay and Pixie-Bob. Eventually, one of them points to where the main camp is.

"Why are we here then?" Midoryia asks.

The hero chuckles, "This is a training camp, is it not?"

She touches the ground and suddenly all the dirt and gravel beneath us breaks and we're below the heroes.

"We're in the middle of nowhere, so you can use your quirks to their full extent. We're working you to the bone here. Those who don't make it to the main building within three hours get no lunch!"

As we rush inside, trees and dirt slowly come to life. (Y/N) rushes around at incredible speeds, crushing the pieces of dirt controlled by one of the 'cat' heroes from top to bottom. She's really gotten a hold of her quirk since our training together. The class spreads out, working together to take down the enemies. Even with our hard work, we don't arrive at the main camp until 5:20 at night.

"They're finally here!" Pixie-Bob says, "We actually thought you'd take longer. And you dealth with my Earth-Beasts pretty easily, too! You four, I'm guessing your past experiences allowed you to act without hesitation?"

She's pointing at Bakugo, Midoryia, Iida, and I. Before any of us can answer, she leaps forward.

"I'm gonna have fun three years from now! I'm marking these ones as mine!"

She stops suddenly, turning and staring with curious eyes at (Y/N), "Especially you."

(Y/N) scrunches her eyebrows, I can tell she's even getting ready to counter a suddenly attack.

"That quirk of yours is powerful and it's obvious that you've done more training than the others. What's your secret?"

She blushes, "I-I uh, I don't know. I just kept training."

We move on from the short conversation and head into the mess hall after unpacking our things. We eat dinner and then we head to the hot springs. I practically fall asleep as the water takes over me and I lean up against a rock. I'm woken up by Kirishima.

"Hey man," He says, "We've been wondering. What's going on between you and (L/N)-chan?"

"What do you mean?"

Kaminari chuckles, leaning on my shoulder, "We mean, do you like her?"

I hesitate, realizing what they mean and I'm scared for a second that they might tell her, "I uh..yeah, I do."

The boys give me the best of luck, but when we leave the springs for bed, Kirishima stops me.

"Don't like anything get in between you, okay? No matter what happens. Protect her, and she'll protect you."

I grab him as he attempts to walk away, "How would you know that?"

He chuckles, but it doesn't sound normal, almost higher-pitched than normal, "We were friends once. It was a long time ago."

He waves and walks off without another work, as I change. When I head to the boy's dorms, I run into (Y/N).

"Hey (Y/N)-chan, I didn't know you and Kirishima-kun used to be friends."

She halts, turning to look at me with a confused gaze, "I never met Kiri-kun before, not until I started going to UA, that is."

"Then why did he.." I roll my eyes, "Nevermind, I think he was joking. Have a good night, (Y/N)-chan. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Today, the real training begins. Ideally, you will emerge stronger. Strong enough to acquire your provisional licenses. More specifically, there's a growing hostile force out there. Through this, you'll be prepared to face it. So stay sharp and work hard. Let's start, Bakugo-kun, try throwing this."

It's only 5:30 Aizawa, don't let Bakugo explode anything yet.

"Last time, your record was 705.2 meters. How much more have you grown since then?"

Bakugo winds up his arm and throws it. The ball beeps and Aizawa turns his phone so we can see the distance. 

It says 709.6 meters.