Chapter Twenty-Seven: In Case We Don't Live Forever

Play In Case We Don't Live Forever by Ben

Bakugo, Midoryia and I stand in shock as we watch (Y/N) attack her former classmates and UA students. She looks nothing like the (Y/N) I knew and loved. My heart pounds in my chest and ears as I watch the girl who held my heart slip away. It almost seems like us trying to help has made her slip faster into madness. I notice the League of Villains smile behind the (F/C) energy shield.

It makes my heart burn.

With anger.

With hate.

With love.

I still love her.

And maybe, it's time that I admit it to her directly.

I step out from beside Bakugo and the others, raising my hands behind my head and approaching (Y/N) in her rage. She turns to me, fists clenched, anger burning in her (F/C) eyes as her veins pulse with her heartbeat.

"(Y/N)-chan, I am not a threat. Can we just talk, please?" I ask.

She blinks, almost shocked by my question. But her fists relax and her veins slowly stop pulsing as her eyes go back to (E/C).

"What's the most pain you've felt?"

"Huh?" She mutters, "What are you talking about?"

"Right, sorry, I already know the answer," I smirk for a moment, before taking a breath, "Do you not remember the first day our class got to know you?"

"Why would I?"

"You were amazing. We watched you take down team after team and then finally, it was Midoryia-kun and I's turn. You seemed impossible to beat. It was great. There was already something about you that called me closer. I had to know more."

She stares at me, processing what I've said, "What are you getting at?"

"What about when you interned at my father's Hero Agency? We fought the Hero Killer together with Iida and Midoryia-kun! You protected me! I'll never be able to forget that. Never."

------------------------------

There's no way...

Me?

Protecting a false hero?

Or..

Is he just a hero?

"We'll be friends, for a long time!" He yells, "I told you that. Can't you remember that at least!?"

Tears rush down both of our faces. I have mine because I don't understand why I can't remember who I am. His are because he truly feels like it's true.

And what if it is?

"I told you everything about my past and I trusted you wholeheartedly," He continues, "I learned everything about you and you learned everything about me."

I close my eyes, leaning on my knees as I clench my fists.

"You love (F/F), (F/C) and your favorite hero is ____!" He yells, his words speed up, getting faster and faster, "You hate the taste of cold soba but you lied because you knew I'd be hurt if I found out! And I-"

"And I love you!" He finishes.

My heart stops as a certain memory comes rushing back.

I see him in front of me as I yell out "I love you." I can feel a tight grip around my neck and other limbs. Tears rush to the boy's eyes as the memory fades into darkness and I finally open my eyes.