Chapter Twenty-Four: The Descent into Madness

Play Listen Before I Go by Billie Eilish ^

For the next few days, we waited. Surprisingly, the teachers also agreed to the villain's terms, not wanting to risk the death of a student.

The day after the first video was sent, another comes in around the same time. This time, (Y/N) is already awake. Tubes and wires hang from the ceiling, some are attached directly to her. A large machine sits behind her. We watch the video, there are 10 seconds of silence as the machine pumps liquids in and out of (Y/N)'s body through her arms.

"Like the view?" Shigaraki says, "These are the tests we were talking about. They're constantly pouring a liquid into (L/N)-chan's body. But this is not how it usually is. Dabi, pull the lever."

We hear the lever be pulled and as it clicks into place. Suddenly the liquid in the tubes speeds up. (Y/N)'s eyes widen and a loud scream escapes her lips. Her body begins to emit the (F/C) electricity that eventually envelops her entire body, just like in Kamino.

Her scream rises and eventually gets so loud that I have to turn the volume on my phone down. Her eyes glisten with tears as I feel myself begin to break down. My other classmates watch, stuck in place due to shock as our classmate is tortured before our eyes.

"Stop it!" Uraraka cries, "They'll kill her!"

But we can't do anything, not yet.

The video ends a few moments later, as they turn off the machine and (Y/N) glances at the camera in a pained state.

The last words we hear are from Shigaraki, "Are you ready to listen now?"

We're still shaken because of the video. The atmosphere of class 1-A changes and we're pretty much silent for the rest of the day.

The next video starts with the screaming but it ends within a few seconds. (Y/N) breathes heavily as the camera is picked up and the person holding the camera gets closer to (Y/N). She stares up at the person with dull eyes, it simply seems like she doesn't care what happens.

"Are you going to say hi to your class?" A preppy voice says.

(Y/N), as if snapping out of a state growls and attempts to get out of their restraints.

"Tomura!" The girl says, "I think we need to up the dose. It's still not affecting her as much as we need."

Before anything else can be said, the video ends.

Our class glances at each other with concern as we head to show the teachers.

That night, I can't sleep.

I hate the fact that I have to wait a week. I can't do it.. I can't sleep if I know she's with those villain bastards, being tortured every single day.

Maybe, if we're quiet, we can go save her. No, they'll know. Whoever they have spying will tell them, for sure.

I lean up, putting my head in my hands as her face and her smile throughout the last few months flashes in my mind over and over again. Tears rush to my eyes as regrets pile up. I would've told her my feelings but I was just scared to ruin our friendship or bother her with more drama than she needed.

That's it.

When we save her, I'll tell her everything.

I love you, (L/N) (Y/N) and you will know it when we find you.

On the fourth day, (Y/N) is awake but she stares off into space. She seems uninterested in anything. Her eyes wander the room as if she doesn't recognize it. Shigaraki comes into frame as he approaches the girl.

"How are you feeling?"

She glances in his direction as his raspy voice reaches her ears, "Who are you? Where am I?"

The villain smiles, nodding at another villain behind the camera to turn the video off. Before it does, we hear Dabi speak.

"Poor little Todoroki Shoto."

"Who's that?" (Y/N) responds.

My heart snaps.

When the video ends, I am filled with rage. It's the same line the ass said when he stole Bakugo away. It makes me angry to know that they've done something to (Y/N)'s memories.

"Okay, that's it," Bakugo hisses, "We're going to save her, no matter what. I don't care that they want us to wait for the next 3 days. If we wait, they'll wipe all of her memories about us, UA, heroes..everything."

"For once, I have to agree with Bakugo," Midoryia says, "We can't just let (L/N)-chan suffer like that. If they succeed in wiping her entire memory, there will be no hope of bringing her back," He glances at me, "I know you don't want to risk her getting hurt but what else can we do? It's a bad dilemma but I think they don't actually know where we are or what we're doing. I think they knew you'd want to immediately want to go after her and took a guess."

"You're meaning to say that we could've left earlier?!" Mineta yelps.

The green-haired boy nods, "I just wasn't sure. But it makes sense. If there was a traitor, I'm sure we would've noticed by now. None of you attempted to text anyone after the first video appeared on Todoroki-kun's phone. And it's highly unlikely to be one of the teachers. But we got an immediate response from the league so it can't be one of them."

"You're muttering again, Deku-kun." Uraraka says.

"Right, sorry."

I stare at the floor, running every possible situation in my head. We could wn and get (Y/N) back, at the cost of missing memories. Or maybe we'll be too late and she'll already lose all her memories. Are we sure we can even try avoiding any fight with the villains?

"Alright, then let's make a plan. A solid one."