Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Ends of the Earth

Play Medicine by Daughter (Slowed down)

After the defeat of the League of Villains and the announcement of (Y/N)'s return, she was put under watch. Although most of the world wanted her safe return, there is still a big group of people that do not think she should be allowed to come back. Especially since this has happened before.

So today, she's going on live TV to apologize to Japan, as well as many other parts of the world.

"I'm nervous-" She mutters, fidgeting with her fingers.

I wrap my arm around her shoulders, kissing her forehead to calm her down. She glances up at me, smirking.

The two of us enter a large broadcast building with lots of bright lights, cameras and many people. (Y/N) is prepped with makeup as I help with the stage. She steps out a few moments later with two bodyguards. She takes a breath as she moves in front of the podium that's placed in front of a live camera and an audience.

"Hello there, Japan, and..anyone else around the world who's watching this," She begins, taking another deep breath, "I'm here.. to apologize for everything I've caused. I don't know if any lives were lost or affected by my behavior while under control of the league. I don't know if I caused any severe damage to my fellow students or heroes. So I... I and the Hero Public Safety Commission think it's best that my license is revoked and I am expelled from UA High until further notice."

My eyes widen and I have to resist the urge to call out to her. Mutters fill the room as the heroes and civilians within the building finally realize what she means.

She won't be a hero..ever again.

"No."

Even (Y/N) seems slightly surprised by the word someone in the audience has said, "Huh?"

The person stands up, it's Hawks, the #2 hero.

"I said, no."

One of the people from the HPSC steps in beside her, "Why do you say that, Hawks?"

"Because she's a hero. It's not her fault that the league controlled her, she had no control over how anything went down. And plus, no one was severely injured during the UA attack or when she was working for them. Because it's not her nature."

Endeavor, my father, also stands up from a few seats beside Hawks.

"I'll have to agree with the bird. She's an amazing hero and an amazing girlfriend to Shoto. Her heart knew who her friends were and tried to stop her mind controlled self from attacking them. There is no reason to expel her or revoke her licence. If you need to do anything, suspend her license for a few weeks. Genkina would never be a villain. Even before this incident, she refused to hurt others when she came as a spy to UA."

I bite my lip.

The Hero Public Safety Commission has never been stood up like this before..

The man standing beside (Y/N) glances at her as she stares with a smile at the two heroes that stood up for her. He sighs and looks back at the rest of the HPSC.

"Alright. I hereby state, (Y/N) (L/N) will remain at UA High. However, her hero license will be suspended for a week."

Happy tears rush to my girlfriend's eyes as she's ushered off the stage. Before she can reach the end, I rush forward and hug her tightly. She cries tears of joy on my shoulder as I walk with her off the stage and out of the broadcasting building.

As we walk down the sidewalk back to UA High, any civilians and pro heroes that saw the broadcast seem to only give us a glance. But eventually, we come across a group of protesters. Namely, the woman from my hallucination that was protesting to save Genkina.