Chapter Twenty-One: Changing Everything

Play His Theme (Orchestral cover) - Undertale

A few days after (Y/N)'s come back to UA, it's Saturday. The day I usually pop in and see my mom. Earlier, back during the training camp, I promised her that she'd be able to meet my mom one day. So maybe, today's the day. She's currently in the kitchen with the girls, cooking.

I tap her on the shoulder, "Hey (Y/N)-chan, I have a question for you."

She turns with a smile, "Yeah?"

I can't help but blush at her bright smile, "Well...do you want to meet my mom still?"

Her face lights up, "Obviously!"

So the two of us are on our way to visit my mom. While in the car my phone suddenly rings.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey Mr. Todoroki," It's the nurse from yesterday, "How are you feeling?"

"What do you mean?"

She chuckles, "Hm, you must not remember. You spaced out in the waiting room after (L/N)-chan had her mini-seizure and you were unresponsive for a long time. When (L/N)-chan finally came out, you immediately woke up to her voice.. we assumed you might've been stuck in a daydream."

So the fight with her parents and the news broadcast was all just my daydream? Wait, that's right.. because (Y/N)'s parents are in jail. And that nurse..she was one of the ones that were in the room with (Y/N) already. What the hell is going on?

I push the concerned thoughts to the back of my head as we arrive at the hospital that my mom is staying at. (Y/N) and I head to her room, being sure to knock before entering. I open the door, letting (Y/N) hide behind me.

"Hey mom."

She turns away from the window to smile at me. I stand aside, letting her see (Y/N) as she awkwardly stands there. My mom stands up, staring blankly at the (H/C)-haired girl with wide eyes. A moment later, she realizes who she is.

"It's so great to meet you!" She practically yells, rushing forward and hugging the girl.

(Y/N), although shocked, only glances at me for a brief second before hugging my mother back tightly. She buries her head in the crook of her neck.

"Shoto's told me so much about you!" She calls, stepping back to get a better look at the girl, "You're an amazing person. Despite the League of Villains incident, you never meant to be a bad person. You were just in a tight spot. If you wanted to meet me for validation..."

She pauses.

"Then I accept you, (L/N) (Y/N). You are a valid hero."

I guess that's what (Y/N) needed to hear from someone. Immediately after my mother's sentence ends, the (E/C)-eyed girl drops to the floor.

"Ah I'm sorry! Did I say too much?"

My mom drops to the ground as well, holding the crying girl close. I bend down, glancing at her eyes. They're filled with joy, not sadness. She's happy that my mother said those words. I smile myself, leaning over and hugging the back of (Y/N) while my mom hugs the front.

After she's done, we talk together for hours. We get closer, even my mom and I. By the end of our visit, mom and (Y/N) are almost as close as Fuyumi and mom. We wave goodbye as visiting hours end. Instead of heading back to the dorms, (Y/N) and I decide to head back to my place.

Natsuo and Fuyumi sit together in the living room when we get home, both slurping noodles. My father's nowhere to be found so we talk with my siblings for a few moments. Until he shows up.

"Shoto, I think we should-" He cuts himself off as he realizes (Y/N) is here.

For a few seconds, the room is still. No one speaks and I can barely hear anyone breathing. (Y/N) and my father lock eyes.

And suddenly my father gets down on his knees.

All of us stare at him, completely shocked.

"I deeply apologize, (L/N)-chan," He says in his husky voice, "I acted rudely when you first visited and I never got to apologize after everything that's happened. I'm trying to be a better person and I guess...I guess I can start with the one person that seems to matter most in the world's eyes right now," He chuckles, "I'd like to be on your good side.."

(Y/N) chuckles, "Although I know the horrible things you've done to your family in the past, I think I can see why you've suddenly decided to change. All Might is no longer the Symbol of Peace and you've got to live up to the world's expectations. It's tough. Focus on your family, alright? Fix those bonds before you try to make any with the rest of the world."

The rest of us are extremely confused but eventually we look past dad's mistakes and watch a TV show together. LAter that night, (Y/N) and I say goodbye to my family and head back to the dorms. We walk in to see the entirety of class 1-A and 1-B sitting together on the couch.

"There you two are!" Ashido cheers, "We were trying to get you two back here so we could watch a movie together."

"Sorry, we were occupied." I reply.

(Y/N) smiles, "We were just catching up with old friends."

So we sit down with Class 1-A and watch a few movies together. For the rest of the weekend, everything is fun and happy. When we get back to school, Aizawa stands at the front of the class.

"The School Festival is about to start."

The entire class cheers and our teacher gives us majority of the class to decide on what we want to do. Except, we can't seem to. We all suggest great ideas but some are inappropriate, vague, or just impossible. We end up wasting the entire class but use our free time after all of our classes are over to brainstorm ideas.

"I got one!" (Y/N) blurts, "How about a concert, with dance numbers, music, instruments, everything! We can use our quirks to put on a show. We owe everyone a few moments of excitement and wonder, at least. I bet they're all hurting because of All Might's retirement, as well as the rise of the League of Villains. We need to do something to lift their spirits!"

Everyone is so stunned and surprised that they can't talk, especially me.

"I like it!" Jiro quickly says.

Slowly, our class starts agreeing and we decide who should do what. After some convincing, Jiro decides to be the lead singer/guitarist alongside (Y/N). And the rest of the class is split into groups. Some are in dance, special effects, and some are musicians.

It looks like the School Festival is going to be amazing this year.

----------------------------------

Hey readers,

Sorry for the late chapter! I've been trying to get a deadline for school work as well as work a job.

The next chapter should be coming out before it gets too far into June, I promise!

- Glossy