Darkened past caught up (Enojo's pov)

I ran away once I felt no-ones presence around. It was easier to lie to her and myself than to make a scene and upset her, or anyone else...

I was running in search of something, actually, someone.

I was going to tell Hikobane, and apologize. I can't ruin someone else's chance of happiness over my own selfishness.

After a while of walking, and jogging,I found him.

I stood there, working up my courage to tell him the truth...I had done something awful...

"Hello, Enojo...it's wonderful, isn't it?" He said. There was something of about his tone...it sounded strained, and unusually harsh.

"How long have you known....that I've been standing here,I mean?" I asked, it caught me by surprise that he knew. Us fox demons were unhumanly quiet, and stealthy. So even for a crow, who has good hearing and eye sight, he shouldn't have been able to sense me...

"Since you arrived." He said. Hikobane always had a sort of monotone voice, it hardly held any emotion, but he sounded almost dead now...this thought alone, was enough to chill me to my core.

And he reeked...he reeked of something strange, and thickly bitter...

I smelled this before...but I could quite place it then.

He then turned... and my heart dropped into my stomach...it was the smell of blood, and death...the smell of cannibalistic demon rats.

Demon rats were horrific to behold. They had scales that were as tough as iron, and sharp teeth.they had grotesque arms, too.

They were disgusting.

They use demon and mortal bodies to house in. They turn the corpse into a puppet...

I fought this creature with sorrow in my heart, and actions... my comrade, friend... and brother, though not by blood, vut a bond that tied us. I avoided harming Hikobane's body, for I knew that Nibiri would want to say her good-byes...

I ripped the creature from his flesh, and carried him home...

I met the others... and explained the rat to them... I'm not afraid to admit this.... neither are the others... we all wept over the loss of a brother... Yes, we said our good-byes, for hikobane.... was dead...

. To be continued.... sorry this is really short, guys... this is what I was talking about today at school , shelbee.... it only gets better tho...

Untill next time :-P