Chapter 19. A Bond Reborn

As Lion guards Rat and Serpent tends to Robert, Wolf and Monkey walk through the front gate and down the road to the entrance to the whistling woods. 

There Wolf turns to Monkey. "Okay, go through this baked plan with me one more time."

Monkey looks up at Wolf with an annoyed expression. "We part ways here. I am heading north. You need to get to the southern shore and get Robert's family far away from danger."

Wolf sighs. "I guess this was comparably better than tracking your.. person."

Monkey looks away. "It is not my fault you naturally do not get along with her."

Wolf transforms into his animal form. "The spices issue is only half of it, one day you will figure it out." Wolf growls as he turns and runs south.

Monkey shakes his head. "I will never understand." Monkey transforms into his animal form and climbs through the trees, heading north.

Meanwhile, back at the castle, Juliana and Margaret walk through the halls, approaching the main hall. Odamous and Aqua trail behind, Aqua eagerly attentive to every detail around her.

The guards, outside the main hall, bow and open the doors for them. Aqua bows back as they enter.

The King, sitting upon the throne, quickly disband the meeting at hand. "Gentlemen, my daughters approach, if you would excuse us."

Some leave quickly, but the head of the guard stands by. "If it is okay with you, I would like to stay."

Juliana smirks. "I have no objection, at the moment."

Margaret sighs. "Nor do I.."

The King turns to look at the guard. "Very well, you may stay.. for now."

Odamous and Aqua take a set against the far right wall, listening to the conversation.

"What brings you to me today, my dears?" The King asks.

"You, no doubt, are aware of the growing frequency in our enemies' activities, father." Juliana starts. "Though we have quailed the last two, we expect many more to come."

"Are you going to ask for extra guards to be posted, my ladies?" The guard asks.

Margaret shakes her head. "We were actually going to ask you to begin the journey back to Egnor, to begin rebuilding the castle there."

"You must be joking! Our duty is here, to the King and his kingdom!" The guard protests.

"Mer humans are no match for some of these blessings, bestowed upon our counterparts." Juliana says sharply. "I will not endanger innocent lives for the sack of my pride and obligations."

The guard glances at Odamous and Aqua, then back to the princesses. "A fleet, of ships, is just as likely to be attacked as this castle."

"That is why you will be teleported instead." Juliana says, raising her voice. "We will move all supplies, found in this castle, to Egnor, and begin the rebuild."

"I can see why teleportation would be the only option." The king says, glancing at the guard sharply.

The guard sighs, crossing his arms. "And what of you two and the king?"

"Margaret will be leaving with you and our father. I, on the other hand, will be staying with our newfound allies, to combat the Queen of Death." Juliana replies, motioning to Odamous to approach.

Odamous slowly stands and makes his way to Juliana's side.

"What makes you think this Queen of Death will not attack Egnor?" The guard asks.