Chapter 16

Elijah's POV...

Penelope showed up to the apartment around nine-thirty, dressed for success. Like Alexa wanted, she came hungry for more and the anger in her eyes were uncontrolled. She wanted blood and it was Alexa's blood. Alexa got over her spat, as usual and seemed content with Penelope's attitude. "Good morning, cupcake."

Penelope nods her head. I cleared my throat. "I figured let's do something a little different today. How are you feeling?"

"Fine." Penelope keeps short. She folds her arms. "What are we doing today?"

"You'll like it." I hint, grabbing my jacket.

Penelope's eyes stayed on Alexa as she was waiting for Alexa to say one smart, slick remark. However, Alexa liked Penelope enough to move past her without anything to say. It was strenuously annoying, but job well done, Alexa.

................................

I pull up to the woods and it was swarming with men in camouflage outfitting. It didn't matter since it was snow on the ground and the hollow sun peeked through the white clouds. Penelope piped up, watching as I parked. Alexa snickered as she rose her head off the window. "We're really doing this?"

"Doing what?" Penelope wondered.

"It's for training." I turn the car off. "Get out."

We exit the truck and Penelope stuffs her hands into her pockets, training behind me. I planned on making this bit of training entertaining for Penelope. People practice their aim for sport, but she needed to prove how much she had learned. Her aim on a still figure has progressed, but she needed to work on moving targets.

We approached a flock of men, seeing them huddle in groups. By our appearance, the circle opens and the leader of their pack greets us. "I'm sorry but this is a private event. I'm going to have to ask you to go."

"We just saw the big commotion and noticed it was paintball day." Alexa shrugs her shoulders. "We were wondering if we could join teams."

"You...join teams?" The man snickers and looks at his guys in a jokingly manner, that sparks anger in Alexa. "As you should know, this is a man's sport."

Alexa falsely spreads a smile as she snatches the man's gun from his upholster and aims it at a laughing prick. She shoots him in the kneecap, sending him stumbling back from the shock. She kept her eyes planted on the condescending man, handing him his gun. "I'm sorry, you were saying?"

I get in front of Alexa, as she was loving the attention and the drama. "What she means is, it'll be fun. Plus, we could use the...exercise."

"I want her on my team." A young boy calls from behind the army of starstruck men.

The crowd collaborates and agrees with the young boy. The leader raises his hand as he snatches the gun back. "OK, fine. Get these three a gun and any spare helmets." He didn't too happy that we were crashing his party, but I couldn't give two shits. It was for Penelope's sake and she needed the practice.

They lent us three small pistols, hoping we'd run out of bullets, but luckily we know how to savor our bullets. We walked to our group, the group that was proud to call us their own. However, we knew the true trick and it wasn't to trust our strangers.

Penelope walks next to Alexa, amazed at her brilliance and boldness. "That was cool."

"Never let anyone make you feel inferior. Always know your dick is way bigger than theirs." Alexa advises as we marched behind the group to stations.

Their strategies were pathetic. I barely agreed with anything, but I had to keep my mouth closed. The only thing I agreed on was splitting up. Alexa moved in her own direction, letting me shadow Penelope's moves. She was sadistic and planned to get the most of the time we had.