Emotions

He Saved Me

Chapter 39

*Throwback*

It was February 14th, Valentine's Day. The day couples celebrate their love. The day most girls anticipate for; the girls who are in relationships that is. Single people usually hate this day. So, instead of being cooped up in their room they usually celebrate Galentine's day. A celebration dedicated to being single or to platonic friendships.

Unfortunately, I am not with Luke. I am miles away from him. I mean, I don't think we are even together anymore. So, that means I am single. This is no biggie because I could just spend this day with my friends, but no. I can't because I am also miles away from them as well. 

This Valentine's Day, I am going to spend it with Cameron. I'm not sure how to describe my relationship with him. Platonic? Romantic? Semi-Romantic? Nothing? I'm not sure. 

I stepped out of my room to get some breakfast. My stomach had been growling since last night. It was so hard to sleep. In the kitchen was Cameron. He seemed to be cooking something on the stove. I took a big sniff of the air to be immediately hit with the amazing smell of pancakes. Cameron turned around with a spatula in his right hand. 

"Morning, Mary!" he said with a smile. 

I giggled at the sound of his voice. 

"What's so funny?" he asked. 

"Nothing, you just seem super cheerful and I haven't seen you like that, like ever."

"Well, I woke up today feeling good. By the way, I already made you a stack of pancakes. They're in the microwave."

"Thank you!" I smiled. 

I opened the microwave to find 3 perfect looking pancakes stacked on top of each other. 

"Hey, Mary?"

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if you would want to have dinner tonight with me. You know, because of Valentine's Day. You don't have to-"

"I'd love to," I grinned. 

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

~*~

I got ready for our date. I wore a simple laced red dress. I had bought it when Cameron had taken me shopping. He wanted to get me clothes for school. I was surprisingly able to enroll to a high school near by. I wanted to finish my junior year and hopefully my senior year too. I wanted a normal life again, but I know it could never go back to the way it used to be. 

When I finished getting ready I headed out my bedroom and headed towards the living room. On the couch was Cameron. He was staring at me. He looked surprised. 

"Well, I wanted to look a little nice," I laughed. 

"No, you look beautiful," he smiled. He stood up and handed me bouquet of red and white roses. 

"Wow, these are beautiful. Thank you!" 

He had taken me out to dinner. Afterwards we had done a drive-in movie. We had watched a comedy and thank goodness it was actually funny. 

"Thank you for tonight," I said as we were headed back home. "This is actually my first Valentine's Day date."

"Really? I thought you and Luke-"

"I actually haven't even known him for a year, but it honestly doesn't feel like that. It feels like I've known him forever," I responded. 

"You loved him."