Stupid Mistakes

He Saved Me

Chapter 10

"Stupid Mistakes"

It's been a couple of weeks. Luke was still taking me to school and back. He hasn't questioned me about Eric at all. Eric, on the other has been texting and calling me like crazy. I mean, I wasn't annoyed or anything cause, I liked Eric. I've had a crush on him for a pretty long time.

I came back home about a week ago. My Dad wasn't home and hasn't been. My Mom, came back and Aunt Helen has been "trying" to convince us to move in with her. My Mom would always reject the offer saying "I can't leave him." I just don't understand. She has all the reason yet she stays.

I decided to get a job. Any job, I needed one pronto. I needed to help my Mom out with money, which we lacking badly. Aunt Helen wanted to let us borrow money, but we told her we wouldn't be able to pay her back, so no.

I've been seeing flyers everywhere about this car invention. They were called C's Cars. On the flyer it said they needed workers, so I decided to sign up. The shop, or whatever the hell it is, was just out of town. Unfortunately, we didn't have a car. So, I would have to take the bus there and back. I decided not to tell Luke. I was sure he would offer for the rides to work, no doubt. He does too much for me already. I decided to save up the money, so that I could buy my Mother and I a car.

~*~

"Ummm, I'm here to receive the application," I told the guy that was at the front counter. He turned around and I realized I have seen him before. William.

"Mary?" he said confused. What the hell? Did he work here? Well, obviously since he's here.

"William? I didn't know that here?" I said surprised. His eyebrows slowly raised. Oh, I should mention his eyebrows were on fleek.

"Do you not know what the "C" in C's Cars is?" he asked. I didn't respond, because I really did not know what the "C" stood for. "Of course, Luke wouldn't tell you." That's when I finally got it. Collins's Cars. Luke Collins.

"Yup, that's right," he said. I quickly covered my mouth. Stupid Mary, always thinking aloud. "Well, here's the application."

"I don't know," I said looking down at the papers. Did I really want to work under Luke's father? His brother? Man especially his brother.

"Wow, I'm hurt," he sarcastically said. "Just take it. It will be nice. You'll get to know the Collins's family more. I'm pretty sure Luke will be happy that you work here. Maybe that will help him want to work here."

Again, stupid Mary. I stared at him for a couple of seconds then snatched the application from his hands. Well, it looks like I will be working for the Collins.

I take the bus home using the change that was in my bag. As I was in the bus
I noticed some guy in the front was constantly turning around to look at me. I quickly got up from my seat and sat down to the one next to him. He shifted his body awkwardly turning to the window, so I couldn't see his face.

"Luke?" I asked. He slowly turned to look at me and I realized it wasn't him. Man, how could I ever think that Luke would be here watching slash stalking me. "Opps."

"Steven, not Luke," he said smiling. I smiled back and realized I've seen him before.

"You're the guy that works at that ice cream place!" I said clapping my hands. Man, not going to lie but he was cute. His eyes widened and he began to turn red. "Are you stalking me?"

"What?" he stuttered. "I wasn't stalking you." I began to laugh and that make him turn red even more.

"Sure," I said sarcastically. I look up at the sign on the top of the bus. "This is my stop. I'll see you around."