Welcome Back, Mary p.1

He Saved Me

Chapter 36

*Throwback*

Cameron's eyes had widened as soon as I mentioned the dinner tonight. He rushed towards me and grabbed my hand. He then pulled me back inside the house. As soon as we were both inside, he closed the door behind him and quickly turned to face me.

"Who are we having dinner tonight with? Did you talk to the neighbors? Why'd you talk to them? What did they say?" he questioned too quickly.

It seemed like he was running out of breath by just asking all those questions. I personally did not even know how to answer him. I just answered the last question he had asked.

"They just wanted to have dinner with us," I responded.

"No," he immediately said.

"What do you-," I began, but I was immediately cut off.

"No."

I nodded my head in defeat. There was no way for me to convince him and it felt useless to try, so I let it go. 

"Lets go get those seeds before I change my mind," he said. 

I again nodded and followed him to his car.

As we drove around, I observed my surroundings. This was truly a beautiful city. When we were heading here I didn't really notice anything because it was pitch dark. 

We ended up going to a store that was specifically designated for plants. We got inside and asked a worker where the flower seeds were located. He gave the directions and we walked over to where he said. 

"I'm sorry," Cameron blurted. 

"About what?"

"Earlier. It's just too early and we don't even know if we can trust them."

"Well, how are we gonna know if we don't try."

He knew I was right which made him turn away. 

~*~

We were eating some fast food when we heard someone ring the doorbell. Cameron and I looked at each other. He stood up and headed to the door to see who it was. 

"It's the neighbors," Cameron whispered. 

"I got it," I said and walked up to the door.

I opened the door to see Carrie and Jeff. They both had welcoming smiles on their faces which made me smile back. There was a cute pot in Carrie's hands. I was guessing it was the salmon they made. 

"Mary! We were worried something happened," Carrie exclaimed. 

I quickly shook my head with a smile.

"We were planning to go but out of nowhere Cameron wasn't feeling to well. Sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't know how cause I didn't have a number or anything," I explained.

"Oh, poor boy. Well, we brought some food for you guys. Hopefully, Cameron gets well soon," she said. 

"Thank you so much," I smiled. "I'm sure Cameron will really appreciate it." 

That's when Cameron popped up next to me. This surprised me but it also made me grin.

"Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Moore," he smiled, while waving hello. 

"Oh, Cameron! You're so big now," Carrie gushed. 

"You look just like your mother," Jeff added.