Chapter 17

Selena's P.O.V

It's been 1 month 2 weeks and 1 day since I moved back to New Zealand. Because my dad didn't know if it was a permanent stay, he rented me a nice size house even though it was only myself and Daisy living here I loved it. It had a nice front yard 3 big bedroom living room kitchen big back garden with decent size pool, a nice family home. And because my dad is so generous he paid the first 2 months of rent and I only had to pay the bills and get food.

Work is going amazingly well. It's in the centre of Wellington so it was always busy. People coming in all hours of the day so we were always doing something. The staff are so lovely all older than me but I didn't care I got along well with them.

I'm missing everyone at home especially Justin. When I said we'll keep in contact we only talked I think the first two weeks then with work I never been free enough to call, I could have made more of an effort so should have he but I guess he is too busy with his life.

''Good girl.'' I said to my 4 and a half month old dog she ran after me I laughed turning to her throwing the ball and she ran after it I smiled and walked to the pond and I sat down throwing bread into it. I was on my lunch break I have an hour off so I decided to take the dog for a walk and get lunch on the way. I only lived half hour from my job so I wasn't up hours before I had to. I got up and hour before I left because I'd shower the night before meaning more sleep.

''Be good.'' I kissed Daisy head shutting the kitchen door and I set the alarm closed the door and I drove back to work.

''What can I get you?'' I asked flipping over my note paid for the 7pm table I was at.

''Can we have the soup to start off and for the main southern fried chicken freeze and chocolate cake for dessert.'' I wrote the orders down.

''And what drink wi-'' I looked at the girl and I gasped. ''Hey sis.'' Gabriella said I covered my mouth she laughed getting up hugging me; I hugged her tight crying happy tears.

''What are you doing here?'' I asked. ''Thought I'd come out visit my big sis.'' she said I smiled and looked at Jaxon he stood up hugging me as tight as my sister did.

''Where you kids staying?'' I asked them they looked at each other. ''Yours.'' they said I laughed and nodded.

''Perfect, I'll go put your order in, I've finished at 8 you can ride home with me.'' they nodded I clapped my hands hugging them before going over putting their order in.

''On me.'' I said to Matt the guy taking the bill.

''Number 5.'' I said giving him the cash he smiled nodding and I walked over to the bar. ''Who's next?'' I called closing the till.

''Heineken.'' I heard a familiar husky voice I gasped waiting about ten seconds before turning around to see Justin.

''Justin.'' I said he smiled nearly making me melt.

''Hey Pidge.'' he said. ''What are you doing here?'' I asked him he looked down at the beer mat in his hand

''To see you.'' he said. ''No phone call for 6 weeks and you turn up out of the blue.'' I said.

''You can't just blame that on me you never called so I didn't think you wanted to hear from me.'' he said I bit my lip and opened the cap of the Heineken and put it in front of him he went to give me money.

''On me.'' I said sliding my card in the side of the till tipping the drink and put the receipt and card in my zip pocket.

''Order up table 6.'' I heard in my ear piece I walked to the kitchen taking the main course to table 6.