Chapter 5

[ Erin POV ]

I grabbed a pair of ripped jeans and a oversized sweater, and swiftly slipped them on. It was one o'clock, and mum was downstairs finishing to clean the table.

I received a notification, and saw a message from Kayano. " Hey, can I call? I wanted to talk about something 😏''

I looked at the emogi and frowned, pressing the call button. She answered seconds later.

" Hey, what's up?''

" Oh~" I could hear her smile trough the phone " So tell me truthfully. What between you and the volleyball player?"

" Ey? What ? Nothing!" I felt my cheeks starting to burn.

" Oh come on. I saw you yesterday. You were totally checking him out."

I laid on my bed. " He's cute, you can't deny it. " I said as an excuse?

" Most of the team id friging cute. Don't lie."

" Ugh, fine. I was maybe watching him during the game."

I heard her snort. " Maybe? I swear you could of been drooling over him, I wouldn't have seen the difference."

" don't exaggerate.  And you and Bokuto? You think I wouldn't notice my two best friends flirting with each other?"

" We were not flirting!"

" Hey, I need to hang up. I'm going out, so I need to get ready." I said, seeing the time.

" And where would YOU of all people be going on a sunday? I swear even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to remember the number of times you ditches us to watch anime..."

" Well, you see..." I didn't finish my sentence.

"O My GO- you're gonna see him aren't you?"

" Yes. For. HOMEWORK."

" Yeah yeah sure. Byebye. Have fun~"

I closed the door to my bedroom, took my bag and said goodbye to my parents. " Don't be to late" I heard my mum tell me.

I arrived in front of the school, and saw Sakusa in a casual outfit, and by heart skipped a beat. Dammit. Well, it was just because it's the first time I meet him out of school, but still... ugh. It didn't mean anything. At all.

"Hey" I waved at him.

" Oh hi"

" come on, it's quite cold today" He started walking.

" Hey, wait" I ran and caught up, walking next to him in a comfortable silence.

"So, what made you choose basketball for the second sport?" He asked.

" Honestly, not much. I just suck at sport and chose the most interesting one. I suppose I know more about volleyball but we can't both choose the same."

" I suppose. There must be something you're good at?" He questioned.

" Ha. Nah. But I can observe people and analyse them. That's easy enough."

We had reached his front door. " Come in"

I followed him and took my shoes of.

" Hello" I bowed seeing the player's parents. 

" Hi" She smiled " I'm happy he finally brought a girl home" she said. I decide not to react and keep my usual blank face that I use when I'm don't know how to react. Inside, I was flustered as hell. 

" Mum, she's just a classmate. we've got homework. We'll be upstairs"

I followed him as he gestured me to sit down. So, what do we start on? 

~Time skip ( Yep, I'm lazy )~ 

" Argh, finally. " I stretched and accidentally grazed Sakusa's hand and quickly pulled mine away.

" I'm sorry, I didn't want to make you uncomfortable "

We had been studying all afternoon and I had forgotten to stay away.

He frowned and looked at his fingers, and just answered me.

"It's fine it was an accident anyways", and kept looking and his hand.

It starting doing the same, but my eyes started trailing his face, jawline and hair. It was curly and black, and looked really soft. What was I thinking? Well, I did know that I found him attractive since last year, but still....

A buzz from my pocket made me jump, and I looked at the message, my eyes wide open.

" shit" I cursed under my breath. " Hey, I need to go"

He looked p. " Um, sure. Do you want me to walk you home?"

" Believe me, you would rather not" I said thinking about my house right now.My cousins had come to visit, and  Bokuto and Kayano were supposed to hang out today, but my parents had invited them over. Typical. And they didn't even refuse because they love my mom's cake.

So my parents texted me to come back, and to invite Sakusa. No. Friging. Way. That's. Happening.

He slightly tilted him head. " Why?"

" There's more than one noisy person home right now... but you can come if you want. I would refuse if I was you."

He still looked confused.

" Ugh look my cousins and Bokuto are home, and who knows else..." My parents and their stupid social skills.

.

.

.

" let her soul rest in peace" I heard something about peace, but not the whole sentence. He sort of looked like he was...praying?

" What?"

" Nothing"

" Well anyways, see you at school!" 

[ Sakusa POV ]

I looked at her leave, a little disappointed. She was very careful and aware around me, and I found that adorable. Ahh shit. When she touched my hand earlier, it wasn't the usual feeling. Sure, I was a bit scared, but not repulsed. It left me tingles in my hand I looked at the ceiling confused. 

She sure was different from all my other friends. Was she even my friend? We did agree to go back the way were were before once this was finished.

Why am I even thinking about this? Tch. Did I want us to be friends? I ruffled my hair and sighted. I replayed the afternoon in my head. I remembered glancing at her time to time. She gave me this weird warmth I couldn't understand. 

I mean, I hate interactions with people except volleyball. There is no way I like her.  

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! I hope you're all well and that the update didn't take to long!

I hope you liked the new chapter, comment comment or vote

 Thank you...('人`●)SOOOOO━━\('∀`●)/━━MUCH!!

I've also started a new fic, it's a Atsumu x Sakusa, for those who like that ship...                        (๑・ω-)~♥"

Have a nice day!