Chapter 16

[ Kenma POV ]

I accepted the call and heard a girl's voice.

" Hello ? "

It was nice to have a friend who played the same games as me and understand me. Sort of. Because to explain that you have a best friend who is your volleyball rival and whom his setter was his exact opposite, and that that setter had brought another volleyball player he had briefly met during a volleyball camp, and that they had all crashed to his house was a bit complicated. 

I took a breath. The others were in the other room, so it was relatively quiet.

" Hi. So, what happened? I mean, he's missing, but he could just be at a friend's house" I asked in a still monotone voice.

" Ugh, please, as if I didn't ask.By the way, I can't hear anyone? Was it an excuse to stay up ? " I heard her ask.

" They're in the other room. And if I'm too tired tomorrow, it means I can slack off at volleyball practice " 

Even if Yaku was going to kill me if I did.

" Oh, ok. It's funny, it's the first time we speak like this "

" Yeah, it is "

" You mentioned playing volleyball. Is your team any good ? " I thought for a minute before answering.

" Well, we're alright I suppose. But they're better teams out there. We reached Inter high tho "

" Inter high ? " I wasn't sure if that was a question. But I couldn't see why she would know what it was. exept if she was one of those fans- ugh, please, Kuroo and Oikawa's fans were definitely not like her.

" It's a c- "

I got cut off.

" Oh, no. I know what the Inter high is. I just didn't about the possibility that you could be there. Maybe we could meet up one day "

" Yeah, maybe " I smiled a bit at the thought. To be able to meet another gamer at a volleyball competition, instead of being surrounded by owls, crows and noisy cats " Why do you go there? Do you play too ? "

" Oh, no. I'm the- " She got cut off a by Hinata barging in. 

" Hey Ken- Oh, you're on the phone. Sorry " He apologized still half shouting.

" Huh, what's up ? " He sheepishly rubbed his neck.

" Oh, well, it seems we've woken up your neighbors. They're at the door. We were too scared to open up "

" How can you be scared of K- Wait, how are they dressed up ? "

" Um, they've got like these hoodies on and they're really tall! And one of them has got glasses. But They seem a bit familiar. Maybe I saw them before "

I faced palmed, and the sound was very good that night, so Erin heard me, and laughed softly.

" Please don't make this any worse Erin " I groaned at her.

" Just go open up. It's just Kuroo and the owl pranking you guys "I told him and he ran off, still a bit scarred.

" hey Kenma... " She sounded like she was going to die or something. 

" Yeah ? "

" When you said the owl, did you mean by any chance a guy with white and grey hair ? "

I furrowed my brows. She must know him because he's one of the best aces of the country I suppose.

" Yeah why ? " She didn't answer, and then Bokuto burst in.

" HEY HEY HEY ! Come on, turn that boring thing off, let's play volleyball! We've even got that guy too! "

" I don't wannaaaa Bokuto-san. It's the middle of the night " I grumbled, a bit annoyed at him.

" Come on Kenma. I'll even get you a new game " Kuroo's head popped out the doorway.

" Ugh, fine. Hey, sorry Erin, I've got to go. Talk to you tomorrow maybe ? "

" Y-Yeah, sure... "

I ended the call and turned my phone off, before looking at the two players, who were looking at each other weirdly.

" What's up ? " I mumbled, confused. 

" Nothing nothing " Kuroo answered, swinging his arm around Bokuto's shoulder " Let's go !"

[ Erin POV ]

The call ended and I stared at the ceiling for a while. I was sure I heard him talk about Kuroo, and say Bokuto's name. I shook my head. I must of been really tired, so I closed my eyes, only to open them again a few minutes later. I fell asleep, but only woke up ever so often, all night long. 

The sun rose, and my alarm clock rung. Stretching out of my bed, and my eyes a bit heavy, I went downstairs and ate my breakfast, before seeing  Atsumu, still sleeping on the couch. I shook his shoulder and his eyes opened up, looking at me confused, before remembering why he was here.

" Any news ? " He asked me yawning.

" No... He didn't even answer any of my messages that stupid idiot " 

" Is it weird if I miss him ? I always argue with him, and we're always at each other's faces, but I still miss him. He's the most annoying person I know, yet he's the one I need the most. And he's making me worry so much I swear when he comes back I'm going to beat the shit out of him... It's the second day. And I mean he could be anywhere. He' maybe hurt or w- "

" Stop panicking for nothing Atsumu. Your brother isn't you. He can take care of himself "

A irk mark appeared on his forehead.

" And what is that supposed to mean ? "

" Whatever you think it does. Now, get ready, or you'll be late. I've already had breakfast and I've got to go to the boy's morning practice. See you this evening "

" You're not dressed " He pointed out.

I looked down... To see my pajamas still on, instead of my uniform.

" Aw, crap "

-----------

What am I doing with this story...??

(っ- ‸ – ς) Anyways I hope if you liked this chapter ! Take care <3