Chapitre 9

[ Erin POV ]

The team looked away, remembering all the previous managers, who had finished by quitting because of Sakusa's attitude towards them.

I paused, and didn't know what to say.

" How many previous managers have you had?"

" since last year? "

" Yeah"

" Five. And one was even one of his fans" Komori laughed slightly remembering her. 

" Oh " 

' I didn't know he was that bad ' 

Sakusa was trying to not be noticed, because all the first years finally understood why they didn't have any manager. 

" Listen...I'm sorry I can't be your manager. I- I was the girls one, as you know now, I quit"

The coach looked at me, and sighted. 

" Just think about it then.  Now, BACK TO PRACTICE" 

they finished their practice, an I sat there in silence.

( flashback )

I had been gone to get some water, and I hid behind the doors listening to some of the volleyball players talking.

" Why is Erin our manager? she's no fun"

One of them laughed. " At least one of us understands this stupid game. Let's be honest, we just joined to be closer to the boy's team"

" I know right. She's so dull. I heard her cousin's hot tho. Maybe I could ask her his number. I mean, we are 'friends'" She snickered.

I bent my head down. That why I told you it was no use trying to make friends Kayano. I accidentally dropped a water bottle and they came over. 

" Oh, you heard us" 

" Well, it seems that we don't need to pretend anymore. Be more careful, you dropped something"

I his my pain behind my mask and smiled slyly.  

" Pretend? The only one pretending here is me. You really think I like you sluts?"

" What did you call us? I dare you to say that again"

" S.L.U.T.S. Are you so dumb you don't understand?"

" YOu b-" She tried to approach me, and I just dogged and left.

" You'll tell the team I quit!" I waved and left. 

The next day, they had all came to see me and tried to come at me and finished humiliated. Again and again, and in the end, they just finished by spreading rumors, leaving me alone.

( End of flashback )

I looked at the boys team knowing it wouldn't be the same, but something still stopped me. Sakusa got out in his normal uniform, and we left the gym. 

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice where we were and forgot to turn. Sakusa looked at me worried and caught my hand. 

" You're going the wrong way" 

" Oh, sorry" I replied sheepishly

I thought about letting go, but my hand decided otherwise and just squeezed his. We walked in silence, before he broke it. 

" Why did you stop being the manager? " He asked curious. 

You didn't answer for a moment, but felt like giving him a explanation.

" You know my best friend? " I looked up at the sky " She was worried and told me I should try and make friends. So I joined the volleyball team as their manager. But I quit a bit after"

" I see. So you don't want to be ours?" 

" Do you want me to? " I asked smiling a bit.

It was his turn to become quiet.

" Yes" I saw his mask move as he smiled. He turn towards me, and he continued. " I wouldn't mind if it was you our manager" 

I blushed and he pulled me, silently telling me to walk. My hand and cheeks were warm, and I arrived in front of my house. 

He let go of my hand and turned away, but I squeezed it again, and and pulling it back, brought it to my lips. 

" goodnight Kiyoomi!" I giggled and him and walked in, forgetting why I was unhappy earlier. I big smile on my lips, I prepared my dinner, humming lightly. 

' That girl is going to kill me one day '

Staring at the ceiling, I thought about their offer. I knew about volleyball, and I liked the team, but I was still unsure. And I remembered Kiyoomi saying he wanted me too. How do you say no to him? 

I quickly took my phone out before sending a message to him. 

from me : I'll be your manager, but only under one condition.

-----------

~The next day in the gym~

I jumped in the gym happy, and went over to the coach.

" I'm sure Sakusa already told you I'll be your manager"

" Yes. He also said there's a catch. Not what it was tho " 

" Oh yeah, about that. You need to keep this a secret"

He looked at me intrigued. The team was playing, so it was just us.

" I want to see how well they really play..." 

" What are you suggesting? You saw them play against Fukurōdani."

" Yes. But they were confident they would win. And there wasn't anything at risk " I smiled. 

" I'm interested. Go on "

" I suppose they won't be against a game next Wednesday ? I'll take care of it "

We discussed the details, and I passed the whole practice texting,  and called the team over. 

They all sat down in front of us, and waited for me to speak. I took a breath. 

" I accept to be your manager. I hope you'll take care of me...but"

Kiyoomi looked at me, a bit irritated, because I had refused to tell him what I was planning.

" I'm want to see you all play in your full capacity, to be able to adjust your training before the Interhigh " 

They looked at me, wondering where this was leading.   

" Ok? How are you going to do that? " A first year asked. I smirked.

"Next week, you'll be playing a game against another powerhouse school, one that equals ours. I'll be able to analyse you then" 

" Ok then, what school? " 

-------------------------------------

Yep, I leave you on a cliffhanger. Love you too. Ugh, I'm blocking right now, it's so frustrating, so I'm doing some editing. I've also got ideas for my other fanfics ( I need to stop doing more than one at once ) 

 And I'm FINALLY out of quarantine! FINALLY! 

Anyways, thank you for putting up with this! have a nice week!