Anchor

A/N: In this fic. I tried to make Lan Wangji talkative a little so Wei Wuxian will know his thought.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~

"This path harms both the body and mind."

This is what Wei Wuxian heard when he round the corner of the building. He then saw his Shijie and Lan Wangji, standing in front of the room that serves as their temporary shelter during this time of the Sunshot Campaign. Seeing the worried look on his sister's face at what Lan Wangji said, he was immediately angered.

"Didn't I already tell you to mind your own business Hanguang-jun?" The two then turned around at the sound of his voice. He went to stand in front of his Shijie and the two had a staring battle.

"The great Hanguang-jun who is known to withdraw himself from wordly affairs is sticking his nose in someone's else business? How remarkable." He mocked and saw how the other's golden eyes glowed dangerously with anger. He also noticed how the other's hold on his sword, Bichen, tighten.

"A-Xian." He heard his Shijie called him and tugged his sleeves. But he didn't back down. The tension in the air seemed to grow heavier as the two continue to stare at each other.

"I hope that answers your question Lady Jiang. I will be going now." Lan Wangji was the one first to break his gaze away. He then saluted at her and was returned. He didn't even spare a glance at Wei Wuxian when he left. Their shoulders lightly brushed and Wei Wuxian doesn't know why it made his heart ached.

"A-Xian, what you did was not good." His Shijie told him, her voice filled with disappointnment, when the Second Young Master Lan is already out of their sight.

"He was just answering my question earlier. Don't you think you owe him an apology after what you said to him?" She scolded him and that made him looked away. He knows what he said to the other was not nice, but he can't just help it. He already told him to leave his cultivation path alone.

When his Shidi didn't say anything, she motioned for him to go sit beside her which he quickly obliged.

"A-Xian, Young Master Lan is not sticking his nose in your business. He was just worried for you." She started, voice soft as he explains to him.

"Why would he be worried about me? Doesn't he hate me? " He whispered, not voicing out the last part. Because it doesn't make sense to him that Lan Wangji will be worried about him. If his Shijie said that he hates him, that he will immediately believe. It's obvious that Lan Wangji hates him, especially now with his demonic cultivation.

"I can see that he cares for you. The last three months that you were gone, he was looking for you. Be it with A-Cheng or alone." She explained when she saw his expression. "I even hear him play Inquiry whenever he have the time here." She added that made Wei Wuxian's eyes widened at that revelation.

So the whole time he was hearing him play Inquiry when he was trapped back in Burail Mounds wasn't just his hallucination? It was real? Before Wei Wuxian learned how to bend the resentful energy to his will, they were torturing him non-stop. Trying to consume his body and mind, trying to turn him into like them. Of course he fought them, made his mind stronger and didn't give in. But he was tired, without his Golden Core, he cannot last. And when he was about to surrender to them, he suddenly heard the sound of a guqin. It was faint at first, but as he listened more closely, he can make out the sound, and confirmed that it was Inquiry.

When he heard Lan Wangji's voice, he wants to laugh at that time. Why would he be searching for him? Doesn't he hate him? Maybe it was just his imagination, a hallucination. But that helped him in fighting the resentful energy that was trying to consume him. So even if it was his imagination, he used it as his anchor to not drown.