Shattered dream~

In which during the bloodbath at Nightless City, Wei Wuxian saw five minutes into the future.

Blood stained the ground, screams can be heard left and right . Arrows are flying everywhere. The cultivators who have pledged to kill the Yiling Patriarch are trying their very best to fight for their life from the fierce corpses.

But none of them matter to Wei Wuxian when he's on his knees, grasping his sister's hand as she try her very best to breath.

"A-Xian, I just want to tell you that-"

Suddenly, time stopped for Wei Wuxian. He doesn't know how, but he suddenly saw five minutes into the future.

His sister pushing him away so he won't be killed. Life fading from her eyes as he pleads for her not to die.

So to prevent it from happening, when he saw his sister about to push him away, he held her shoulders to keep her in place and allowed the blade to pierced into his chest.

Jiang Cheng's eyes widened when he saw it. Horror can be seen in his face as he watched his brother be stabbed into the chest and blood trickle into his mouth. He only moved when his sister wriggled away from his hold. He didn't care when the man pulled out the blade and be devoured by a fierce corpse.

"A-Xian!! A-Xian!"

Jiang Yanli is now cradling the dying body of his brother into her lap. Tears fell from her eyes like a waterfall as she continue to call his name and coax him to wake up. "A-Xian, wake up. Open your eyes for Shijie. Won't you listen to me? A-Xian wake up please." She sobbed and patting his face softly.

She was the best at coaxing Wei Wuxian to do everything she says. The only person who Wei Wuxian listens to. But no matter how she pleads, no matter how she tells him to wake up, to open his eyes, he did not listen.

Lan Wangji was fighting the fierce corpses that are surrounding him when he heard something that stopped his movements.

"I did it! I killed the Yiling Patriarch!"

He looked to where the sound came from and felt like his world stopped when he saw how the man pulled out the blade of a sword that pierced Wei Wuxian's chest. He was frozen on his spot, eyes wide from horror and sorrow from he saw.

Because he was off guard, a fierce corpse slashed his right arm that snapped him out of his shock. He immediately killed it and made his way towards Wei Wuxian. His surrounding is blurry, Bichen slashing everyone that dares to block his way. He doesn't care if they are enemies or not, his top priority is to be Wei Ying's side.

"Wei Ying." He called out weakly and kneeled beside him.

"Second Young Master Lan." Jiang Yanli said and let him hold Wei Wuxian into his arms.

She knows their relationship. She have always known, ever since from the beginning. Even before the two realized what they felt for each other.

Lan Wangji immediately held Wei Wuxian closer into his body. His blood staining his white robes, but he doesn't care.

"Wei Ying." He called out again, voice hoarse.

"Wei Ying, wake up. I'm here." He pleads to the man he loves.

"Wei Ying, don't leave me please. Wake up. Wake up."

He continued calling him while passing his spiritual energy in hopes to heal him. "Wei Ying!" He called out when the other coughed up blood and slowly opened his eyes.

Wei Wuxian slowly opened his eyes, ignoring the unbearable pain in his chest when he heard the plea. He opened his eyes only to be met by a pair of honey golden eyes that are staring down at him worriedly and sorrowly.