The Story of Us(2)~

"Hi! Do you mind if I sit here with you?"

Lan Wangji felt like time has stopped when he heard that and saw the bright smile on his face. He was stunned and was just staring at his beautiful face. He felt like he was blinded by his bright smile and those cheerful grey orbs.

He didn't know that that encounter, one fateful encounter would be thebeginning of it all.

He was a medicine student at Cloud Recesses. Being a family from Doctors, it would be natural that he would be studying medicine. He was on his sophomore year at Uni. already and he was one of the best student there. He was an introvert and really liked being alone. He really doesn't have any friends and only have his big brother. But he doesn't mind. He was used to it and would prefer it that way. He was not interested in worldly affairs after all. It was meaningless to make connections with someone that wouldn't last.

He was aware of how others think of him. He have heard the words the students used to describe him. Cold as Ice. That was the most common phrase others used to describe him. He can tell that other students feel intimidated and would hesitate to approach.But that didn't bother him and didn't correct them. He let them be. It's better that way, he thinks.

Even during social gatherings his family attented, he would always refuse to go. The only times his father's business friends see him are when he is needed and when he would be persuaded by his brother. But, he would always stay away and would not mingle with them. Even when there are persons with his age present in the events.

But Wei Wuxian was different. He was not like any other students who hesitate to approach. Instead he was the opposite. After that day, Lan Wangji thought that they would never meet again. But he was wrong, for the second time around that week, he saw him again at Yiling Cafe. Wangji noticed that he have his sketch pad again. Wei Wuxian must've noticed his gaze.

"Oh?" He raised his sketch pad." I'm an interior design student. I really prefer working here because the atmosphere is so nice."

Wangji didn't say anything at his explanation and instead focused on his textbook. Like Wei Wuxian, he also prefer to work or read here at Yiling Cafe. But Wei Wuxian wasn't fazed by his silence, instead he leaned closer.

"Do you want to see my works?" Lan Wangji looked up and hitched his breath when he saw how close he is for his preferred distance from other people.

Wei Wuxian seemed to not noticed it and opened his sketch pad to show him his works. He has an explanation on every drawing and Wangji can see the smile on his as he talks about his work. He take a look at his portraits and he was amazed. He can tell that he is talented in arts.

"They're not really that beautiful and some of them are just my drafts." He said to him.

"They are okay." Lan Wangji told him.

Wei Wuxian's face brightened by his compliment. Lan Wangji can feel the tip of his ears burning as he stare at his face.

"Lan Wangji! You really are the best!"

After that, Wei Wuxian continued talking and Wangji realized that his purpose for coming here today have already been thrown out the window. His textbook laid on the table, already forgotten, as he listened to Wei Wuxian's stories.

It was the first time Lan Wangji met Wei Wuxian inside the campus. He was on his way to his Uncle's office with his brother when they passed by the cafeteria.

"Wangji!"

The two brothers turned at the sudden call of his name and there he saw Wei Wuxian walking towards them.