Chapter 2

XIAO ZHAN'S POV

I went straight to my apartment not so far from the company. The apartment was a gift from my uncle that I dearly cherishes with all my heart.

My uncle's health hadn't been better, he was suffering from it for a long time and instead of being cured his illness became very complicated that our local hospital's cannot thoroughly heal the pain that he's suffering, the only thing that they can do for my uncle is to referred him on the hospital abroad since it was popular and known for handling patients like my uncle and they have complete hospital equipments comparing to our local hospital that's lacking a lot of equipments and medications.

I never knew that my uncle was saving his money to buy me an apartment instead of buying his own medicines and theraphies after all we've been living in the same roof for how long ever since I existed. Before my uncle flew abroad he surprised me with the apartment along with the celebration of my success. I was so happy and overwhelmed, I almost cried that day but I refrained myself from crying because I don't want to let them see my weak side since they've always seen me as the happiest and strong man.

After the celebration, I couldn't contain myself from shedding tears when my uncle bid his goodbye to me. The memory was still fresh for me. It was as if the last time that I will see my uncle but he gave me an assurance that he will fight and come back. His only daughter who was living in america picked him up from the airport and they traveled together. I was happy that uncle was with her daughter otherwise he'll be alone and lonely.

I entered the apartment safe and sound without no one knowing that I am Abacus Pendragon, the famous writer who wrote his experiences and insights about various things in life. I remained my identity as anonymous, as much as possible I want my life to be unknown and low-key even though I don't have any intriguing or scheming things in my life.

The apartment isn't huge and either small it is perfect for one or two person. It's very spacious and ornate since I didn't put much things around either because I really hate hoarding things. The interior design is a minimalist concept, It takes notions of modern design and simplifies them further. The colour palettes are neutral and airy; furnishings are simple and streamlined, and nothing is excessive or flamboyant in accessories or décor. Minimalism is ultimately defined by a sense of functionality and ultra-clean lines. My uncle really knows me well.

I took off my coat and my baseball cap as I throw it on the laundry basket. Not a minute before settling down and my phone's ringing. It was from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I speak with my flat voice.

The other line answered quickly, "Hello Mr. Pendragon. We are from the Yuehua Entertainment, I am Mr. Lim and we are very happy of your response. Your secretary have sent us your contact number in which we didn't prolong enough to call you,"

I sigh in relief, I thought it was some another prank and disturbing calls that I've been receiving lately.

"Ah yes yes. Hello Mr. Lim. I am happy for your offer however regarding the meet up I cannot show myself instead, I will bring my assistant to meet you, I hope you understand that."

I have done this since a long time. I only accept phone calls and text messages other than that, It's all up to ZhuoCheng to meet them.

"Yes of course Mr. Pendragon. We surely understand and consider you, we will explain the rest to your assistant and we'll also give him the theme for the album. Thank you very much Mr. Pendragon."

I smiled and nod my head although I am aware that the other person cannot see me, "Much thanks for the Yuehua Entertainment to give this opportunity to me. Thank you very much and have a great day!"

I hang up and texted ZhuoCheng about it. I will have to let him contact the company since they'll be the one to send the meet up location and time. My phone vibrated and I expect it to be ZhuoCheng who replied.

ZhuoCheng: here we go again, COWARD

I huff at his text, really this man is being rude again!

I replied: A-cheng I know that you love me besides I'll treat you along with Zoey but I have a very special gift for you 😘😘😘😘

Without a minute he replied: WHO WANTS YOUR KISS!!!!

I laugh at his reply and texted back: Awwwe don't tell me you had enough of me already? Are you seeing someone else thats why you're not being sweet to me anymore?

ZhuoCheng replied aggressively: GO OUT OF YOUR DEN AND LET'S FIGHT

What a bad-tempered! He's really brave to seek his own death! I keep on laughing at him as I type another message: don't be mad A-cheng I don't care if you're cheating on me as long as I love you with all of my heart, I will never leave you until you're left with nothing but ashes.

I giggled at my reply, I can't believe that I am single and yet I have a talent in flirting! How unfair the world is.

ZhuoCheng: SCREW YOU JACKASS!

then another incoming message from him again

ZhuoCheng: HaiKuan thought you're my affair!!! Anyway stop bothering me anymore and get your ass moving!!!

I died laughing and rolled down on the floor until I feel my stomach and jaw hurts. ZhuoCheng is really something, he's on the middle of his work and yet still takes time to be with his boyfriend despite of his busy schedule with me, now that's the real man.

I put down my phone and began to put on a serious face as I was shaking my head off trying to forget what just happened a moment ago. Files and paper, coated the desk in thick piles. As I was rummaging the untouched letters my phone vibrated once again

What now? Is ZhuoCheng gonna send me with his death threats again because his boyfriend got mad and jealous about my joke?

I opened the message from another unknown number. Who is this again? I hope it's not from a criminal or someone who's planning to murder me. I heaved a deep sigh as I read the message, it wasn't a threat nor a spam.

[ Why didn't you agreed to meet up? ]

[ Let's meet up ]

[ Ah sorry. I'm Wang Yibo ]

[ Let's meet up, Mr. Pendragon ]

[ Please let's meet up ]

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

I didn't proofread this chapter!

Hello! Sorry for the grammatical errors! I acknowledge my mistakes and thank you for reading!