Chapter 9

XIAO ZHAN'S POV

I looked out the window. The sky was tar-black and the large clouds were moving towards me. I heard a tapping on the window and then it became a pitter-patter. People ran for cover outside and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spat out their beads of water. Puddles began plinking as the rainfall became heavier. The roofs of the cars danced with spray and I could hear the murmuring of the rain through the window. It sounded like the buzzing of angry bees.

I sigh and drank my newly brewed coffee which I got free from the coffee shop that I recently been visiting along with Wang Yibo, we were both given a free promo based on our own likings since we've became their regular customers. It's been a week since we both met and it felt like forever, the days are passing by like an hour, and hour is passing by like a minute.

Is it because I am enjoying everything that I am oblivious of the time that we spent together? Or it's  a scientific reason in which the sun rotates faster than the usual?

I smile at myself, the feelings is unknown but I know I am familiar with it. I've written a lot of romance novels and I'm sure that this is not hallucinations. It's too soon to feel this way. We barely known each other for a week and yet my heart is implying that I have a crush on the man. Heart can't even beat in it's normal pace when I'm with him.

I clearly hated my first impression to Wang Yibo in which I became distant and protective of my identity, this is not who I am. As far as I can remember I isolated myself away from people since then, even I wasn't still a popular author.

As of the moment I am trying my best to become the better version of myself. I tried to engage more with people even with Wang Yibo who I barely know. There's something with him that makes me feel comfort and ease like I don't have to worry about my identity if I am with him. He always wants me to act myself and not to be pretentious when I'm with him.

How am I supposed to think straight? I myself isn't even straight! I became very confident and comfortable with Yibo after he sent me his last messages, he told me that he will accept me and understand me. Those were just simple words but I cannot fathom how I am into his words.

I am a known author, the most demand in the writing industry, I comfort people with my words and knowledge yet I can't do it on my own self. How unfair the world is?

The pitter-patter from the rain became soft and inaudible when I heard a loud knock on my door. I stood up lazily and look upon the fish eye, it was ZhuoCheng. I opened it quickly and step aside in order for him to get inside.

He's shaking and rubbing his palms, "What took you so long to answer? I've been calling you," he spat at me and shoved his jacket on the coat racks beside the door.

I wasn't paying attention, I was thinking too much about things and didn't realized that he was calling me, I wonder how long did he stood up outside? "I'm sorry I couldn't hear you because of the loud rain,"

I sat on the couch and left my laptop open, I was about to work but I could do it later. Now that ZhuoCheng is here it's more important to discuss matters with him and maybe give him my gratitude for being such a good friend to me. I don't know how did he keep up with this boss things but I am amazed with him.

"I don't know how long we'll have to do this but I got to tell you something.." He said while rummaging my pantry cabinet, obviously he hadn't eaten yet. He took out the sealed cup noodles.

I remained my mouth close, "This is about Wang Yibo." He said, I knew it. This is always about him.

At some point I feel excited and anxious, I am not sure if I would like the news that ZhuoCheng is about to share but did I happen to not like everything about Yibo though? Fairly not.