Chapter 4

XIAO ZHAN'S POV

Today is unusual and hectic. My recent book that I self published is on top-chart and many branches of bookstores are anticipating to it. They said that everyday feels like they're on rush hour even though they're not. They said that my books were sold out immediately and the stocks weren't enough.

They exaggerate some of their words and said that as of the moment many people who are highly interested on my book is requesting to restock immediately and they're hoping to get it delivered within this week.

My employees are rushing their work because of the sudden request. I rolled up my sleeves until on my elbow and help them with the book binding and we attentively did our respective job.

From time to time we exchange conversations and joke as we keep up the good work and lively atmosphere within the office despite the hectic business.

I look over at the boxes, these are tons! I shook my head in disbelief still unbelievable of how many people are willing and interested to buy my book.

I wipe my sweat and pant softly, my employees look at me with concern and told me to take a rest. "Zhan-ge, you can leave the rest to us and you should rest besides this is our job."

I cross my arms and huff, "Aiya look at you being ungrateful. I have nothing to do anyway." I jokingly said.

They laugh, "What about your collaboration with Yuehua?"

I smile and lazily shake my hands, "Don't worry about it. ZhuoCheng is taking care of it, you know he is a very capable man!" They left a chuckle and shook their heads.

As of now there are 50 boxes that are completely sealed with the books safely placed inside. The delivery man excused and went inside. The books were as thick as my face! The man look exhausted after going back around for how many times.

I took a step and carried two boxes in my hands. They were all flustered of my actions, I laugh at them and gave them a smile to assure that everything is alright.

The man refused to accept the help but I am stubborn and hard headed I never listen to anyone unless they're named ZhuoCheng.

I carefully went out of the room while holding the boxes like my life is at my hands, together with the delivery man we rode the elevator and arrive at the ground floor.

He pointed the delivery truck full of dirt probably from the dust and ashes outside. I nod at him and directly went there without further a do, I place it gently at the truck's floor.

I am about to go back inside but I stop when I noticed ZhuoCheng. He looks nervous and he was panting roughly.

"I'm sorry can you please go back in first?" I ask to the delivery man who seems to be waiting from my orders. He nod immediately and went inside.

I approach ZhuoCheng with a smirk, thinking that he hurridly went to the office to ran away from his boyfriend nevertheless my smirk cool down when I realized that he wasn't alone.

ZhuoCheng look at me intently we were communicating with our eyes. I understand what he's trying to imply, I manage to smile and bow down to them respectfully.

ZhuoCheng was with two men, the other one is smiling in a friendly manner meanwhile the other man is looking at me indifferently, his face was cold and impassive. His brows shot up when we lock our gaze, his eyes were trying to say something that I couldn't understand as if he saw something amusing.

"Welcome back, Sir." I politely said and smiled at ZhuoCheng, the man nod his head and shake his hand lazily.

ZhuoCheng and I have planned this strategy everytime there are unexpected events and visitors that I have to cross paths with, and it's always have been successful.