Chapter 6

XIAO ZHAN'S POV

I wasn't able to get a pretty peaceful sleep last night, I was bombarded with thoughts and questions that I myself can't even provide an answer. Despite of not getting sleep, I woke up early around 4 am. I sat on my bed while debating to myself I should go to work or not. My questions are the same, I'm just repeating it inside my mind and then gets anxious if I answer it with honesty. I slumped on my bed and ruffles my hair as I continue to think of what to do.

I suddenly remember what ZhuoCheng said. I can't absent today surely if Wang Yibo's suspecting me already for being someone popular he will surely reckon that I am Abacus Pendragon who's hiding and running away from his own matters. I admit that I don't really wanna get caught, I love the advantage of being known however being popular is not just it.

Upon questioning myself over and over again, I took up my courage and breath deeply as I decided to show up despite of having a bad feeling about this. It took me not too long before preparing myself, I don't usually eat breakfast at home because I got used of eating at work. Zoey always prepares every thing, every day although I am always late upon arriving at the company.

 Zoey always prepares every thing, every day although I am always late upon arriving at the company

I am wearing a white sleeved polo shirt tucked in until on my elbow with a usual black slacks. My hair is perfectly combed and parted showing a little glimpse of my forehead. Before going out I bend on my knee and prayed for 20 saints to make things easy for me today, I think this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever done. I looked like I'm on a certain ritual mouthing gibberish words that doesn't even makes sense.

I step outside, it was still early in the morning. This is probably the first time that I'll step my foot on the company looking like an early bird. I hope Wang Yibo will arrive late, I don't even want to think about arriving with him at the same time. It'll be so cringey this isn't some drama series!?

I took on the public transportation since I haven't told ZhuoCheng that I'll be early and I didn't hire a driver either to drive for me. I am an independent man and I don't need any of that things. I was talking to myself the whole time while taking a bus not long after, I jump down nearby at the company since it isn't really far from home.

If Wang Yibo will keep on teasing me, I have to pull myself together and think of a counterattack. I won't let him have all the fun for himself, while he's on my company I've got to entertain myself as well instead of feeling nauseous and anxious. If things will get rough I pray that all the saints that I've prayed for today will save me from this chaos.

I walk down from the gutter and saw someone standing in front of the building not far away from where I am standing, he was leaning his back on the wall while his hands were on his pockets. I furrowed my eyebrows and crunch my eyes trying to see who he was.

The man moved slowly and look over at me. My eyes widened at the sudden surprise, my heart is once again banging so loud on my chest. Upon in the shock the memory from last night immediately showed up. Among all the memory stored in my brain why did he choose to pop up Wang Yibo's abs! I panic and swift my body from left to right trying to handle the pressure I'm feeling right now. Man, I thought I could handle this!