Chapter 10

[A/N] EXPECT FOR A PLOT TWIST!!!

XIAO ZHAN'S POV

Wang Yibo reached his arms and turned on the radio, we both got startle and jumped in surprise when a loud, almost deafening rock song played from the speaker. I felt like I was scared off by a ghost and my heart is thumping so loud, we both stared at each other for a second and burst into laughter.

I shifted at him with eyes widened and slack jawed, "Wang Yibo. I can't believe you! Who would've thought your music preference is.... wild," I said in an amused manner, as I shook my head while laughing.

Yibo put out a shamefaced as he grips the steering wheel tightly, he cough and cleared his throat before explaining the whole thing, "I uhm. I often go for a long night drive and we mayhaps happened to do carpool karaoke with some of my friends."

I nod at him while my eyes closed, lips are completely smiling. He deserves to freshen up from time to time most especially when he's stressed out or he has to clear his mind. "That's actually great! I never experienced carpool karaoke before.."

What I experienced was more chaotic and mess. I remember one time on ZhuoCheng's birthday that we all went out on a KTV bar, Inside KTV bars are individual karaoke rooms. The karaoke rooms are decorated with party lights and comfortable sofas. ZhuoCheng booked a celebrity lounge and the room was particularly wide and huge. We ordered a case of beers and varities of appetizers. We were all drunk and wasted, our singing voices were rather howling and screaming. Thankfully the room was soundproof otherwise we could've been kicked out from there.

Wang Yibo hummed and said, "Well. We can do that tonight.. I mean, if you like?" He keep his eyes on the road, looking gracefully as he shift his right hands from the steering wheel and gear stick.

My eyes immediately sparkled, I happily exclaimed, "Of course! I would love to!" I clasped my hands and anticipated the moment.

Yibo nod and arched his brows, he pressed one of the car's buttons. Later on a song played, the beat was fast and it relays a happy emotion. "I got this feeling! Inside my bones..." the song was familiar that my own tongue spoke out before I could even realized it.

Yibo hummed, "It goes electric wavey when I turn it on.." we both shift our gaze at each other and find the scenario as somewhat funny and enjoyable. As the song goes on, our low hummed voices eventually began to rise until we're both screaming and feel our throat soared.

The sun was setting ahead on the edge of the road, the secenery was engrossing and bewitching as the journey continues. We sang a lot of songs, some were happy and some were sad our emotions and voices changes depends on whether the song was cheerful or sorrowful.

From below the distance, I could see a small town filled with night lights, I mouthed an "Wow." upon seeing it. The light seems to reflect on my eyes and I could feel it dazzling. "Yibo, what is this?" I spoke out with my fascinating voice.

"This is a small town where I happened to shoot my previous shows, I remember that they celebrate their Lantern Festival advanced than ours."

"Lantern Festival?!" I said surprisedly, my eyes widened as I shift my gaze back to the small town. I haven't celebrated Lantern Festival before. As I have mentioned, I've been isolating myself and it was a pity that I never let my self enjoy these pretty things before.

He nodded, "Mn." he continues, "This is actually different from the city, as you can see the town is being surrounded by waters, it's utterly beautiful to witness how the lights reflected on the waters, the air is refreshing and they have a lot of booths that can entertain people."