"Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me" by The Smiths

Chapter 1: “Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me” by The Smiths

I woke up, hearing my alarm clock blaring in my ear. I sit straight up, a little startled and upset. I had just been woken up from one of the best dreams of my life. My celebrity crush, Thomas Brodie Sangster, and I were in love. This kind of thing would only happen in my dreams for many reasons starting with him being famous and me being a nobody, in a small town. I now realize I’ve been sitting in my bed thinking about my dream for almost 15 minutes. I scurry out of bed and into the bathroom I share with my two older brothers, Landon and Luke and my younger sister, Sara. We are all a year or two apart starting with Landon and ending with Sara.

After I’m done in the bathroom and rush back to my room and grab my backpack. I set it down at the bottom of the stairs and head into the kitchen. My brothers are both in there, Landon is sitting on the counter eating a piece of toast and Luke is pouring a glass of orange juice.

“Morning idiots,” I say to them.

They both give me a dumb faced look then Landon says “Morning jerk!”

I roll my eyes then ask “Where’s Sara?”

They both look like they could care less. I walk over to the toaster and pop a piece of bread in the toaster.

“She’s upstairs doing her hair” Luke tells me.

I just nod and then pour myself some juice.

I finish my breakfast then put on my shoes and jacket. I was about to step out the door to walk to work when I heard Landon yell at me.

“Maddy! You need a ride?” Landon yelled from the kitchen “I’m driving Sara to school. I can drop you off at work.”

I decide that’s better than walking to work on this cold December morning in Wisconsin.

“I’ll take you up on that offer, Landon,” I yell back and wait by the door for Landon and Sara.