Chapter 16 "It's Your Love" by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill

Chapter 16

"It's Your Love" by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill

Thomas’ Pov

I can tell Maddy misses Wisconsin. I can tell she misses her family. Her friends. I feel horrible for taking her away from what she loves, but she insisted we live in London. So, here we are, unpacking our stuff in my penthouse. It hurts me to see Maddy so sad. I decide to cheer her up. I grab my phone and plug it into the stereo. I pick a song and press play. The song echoes throughout the house. I hear footsteps coming closer to my, as I stand in the living room, waiting. I see Maddy’s shadow as she comes closer. Maddy turns the corner to where I stand. I can see tears in her eyes. I know this is an emotional time for her. I wrap her in my arms and she lays her arms around my neck. I feel her warm tears cascade down her face and onto my shoulder. I feel my own tears coming. I can’t stand to see Maddy cry. I hold her closer. Then I started swaying to the rhythm of the song. Maddy looks up at me and smiles. She sings the words

“It's your love. It just does somethin' to me. It sends a shock right through me. I can't get enough. And if you wonder. About the spell I'm under. It's your love” Maddy sings. I begin to sing with her. I love her so much. Maddy lays her head back on my shoulder. I feel her lips moving against my neck, as she sang. I hold Maddy close to me, still and she does the same to me. I feel her warm breath as the words flow from her mouth. I tremble as her hands linger into my hair. She tangles her fingers in my mess of hair. I let out a laugh, that makes us both smile. I look into Maddy’s eyes for what seems like hours. I get lost in her beautiful blue eyes. I feel like I’m swimming in her ocean blue eyes. She so beautiful. Not the normal, spot out of a crowd beautiful, but more like naturally beautiful. Someone you would never expect to look beautiful. We dance for the rest of that song and about 4 more. I don’t want to let Maddy go, ever.

After we are done unpacking Maddy’s stuff, we sit in the living room to watch a movie. We watch “The Proposal”. I always laugh during the movie. Everytime I do, Maddy laughs at me. I don’t mind, I love her laugh. Maddy curls up next to me and lays her head on my lap. I love when she does that. I run my fingers through her long, brown hair. I see Maddy close her eyes after a while. I know it calms her down when I play with her hair.

By the time the movie ends, Maddy is already asleep. I pick her up and carry her upstairs to your room. As I’m doing this it reminds me of the night I took Maddy to the park and played her the song I wrote, for her. Maddy fell asleep and I carried her to the tree and we lay there all night, together. That seems like forever ago.

Now, I’m carrying her up to our room. I lay her on her side of the bed and cover her with the quilt. She stirs a bit, I hold my breath, hoping I didn’t wake her. Then she settles. I exhale with a slight sigh. I crawl into the other side of the bed and get under the quilt. I feel Maddy’s cold hands under the blankets. I take them and hold them all night.

I wake up holding a pair of small, warm hands. I kiss each of them and smile as Maddy’s eyes flutter open.

“I love you,” I whisper in her ear. She leans towards me.

“I love you too,” she whispers in my ear, kissing my cheek. She goes back to her spot on the bed. Not long after I pull her towards me again. Maddy laughs as I kiss her forehead and nose.

Then I hear a buzz come from my phone, on my bedside table. I look at it. It’s a text from my agent.

“Hey, Thomas audition at 2398 Clifford Street. Be there at 10:45. Good luck,” the text said. I scuff, Thanks for the heads up, Al.

“What?” Maddy asked, trying to see my text. I look at Maddy and say

“I have an audition in half an hour. So I better get ready,” I tell her getting out of bed.

“Do you have to?” she asks like she a little kid, who’s being forced to go to the dentist. I laugh at her and give her one last peck on the lips.

“Yes, I have to, it’s my job, love,” I tell her and I can tell she’s upset. So I grab Maddy’s  hand and pull her out of bed. I dance her around the room. I twirl her and then pick her up and kiss her one more time before getting ready.

“Now, I really need to get ready,” I tell her putting her on the bed.

After I’m done getting ready. I leave Maddy home, alone. I hope she’ll be okay. I kiss her goodbye and leave on my motorcycle.