Chapter 7 "Make Me Wanna" Thomas Rhett

Chapter 7

“Make Me Wanna” Thomas Rhett

Thomas’ Pov

I realize that Maddy has fallen asleep on me. I don’t know what to do.

Should I wake her up. Should I try to carry her out of here. I don’t even know how to get out of here. Plus what would I do with my bass. I can’t carry them both. Maybe… I look around to see if there’s any place we can lay down. I see a somewhat comfortable patch of grass under a tree. I pick Maddy up and lay her down by the tree. Then I go and grab my bass and lean it against the tree. I lay down next to Maddy. She’s beautiful when she’s asleep. I scoot closer to her and she turns in her sleep. I wrap my arms around her torso and pull her closer to me. I feel her warm breath of my neck. I just stare at her. I watch her chest rise and fall. And I feel a release of stress and worry flow out of my body as I slowly fall asleep.

I wake up before Maddy. I check my watch, trying not to wake her. It says 7:38. I decide not to wake, so I just stare. I wait for her to wake up.

After about an hour or so, Maddy’s eyes flutter open. She’s staring straight at me. And I’m staring back at her. I can see a look of confusion on her face as she looks around. She opens her mouth to say something, but then she closes it and lays her head on my chest. We lay like that, in silence for a while until I break the silence.

“You fell asleep last night and I didn’t want to wake you… Umm, so I carried you over here. I hope you don’t mind,” I say hoping she doesn’t think I’m weird. She lifts her head and looks at me with a big smile on her face.

“I don’t mind. I’m actually happy you did this,” Maddy told me with a huge smile playing across her beautiful face. I can’t help, but smile with her. I can also feel a blush coming across my face.

“I’m happy I did this too,” I say “Do you, maybe, want to come over to my house for breakfast?” I ask.

“I’d love to,” Maddy replies with the smile on her face growing even bigger that before. I chuckle.

I take her hand and kiss it gently. Then I stand, still holding her hand. Then I pull Maddy to her feet. I grab my bass with my free hand and then stop. I remember that we were lost last night. I don’t know how to get out. Maddy must notice I don’t know where to go because she pulls me in the direction of a path that looks somewhat familiar.

“I think it’s this way,” Maddy tells me.

“Are you sure?” I ask. Maddy looks back at me and says with a straight face “No, I’m not sure,” I laugh at her attempt to to find our way out.

After many twists, turns and going in circles, we find our way out. I lead Maddy in the direction of my penthouse. We go up the hill and I point to it as she gawks, mouth agape. I laugh at her face of amazement as we walk through the front door. Maddy lets go of my hand and walks to the center of the living room. Maddy spins around slowly, making sure not to miss a single detail. I just watch her. Her wide eyes, big smile, comforting laugh.

“Make yourself at home,” I tell her. She smiles and says

“I already did,” she says jumping on the couch and laying across it. I walk into the kitchen to start making breakfast for Maddy. After about 10 minutes 2 arms snake around my waist and a pair of lips land on my cheek. I turn my head to see Maddy grinning at me. She sits at the island and watches me cook. When I’m done I put the food on 2 plates and sit next to Maddy on the island. We eat breakfast and talk the whole time.

“Want to watch a movie?” I ask Maddy. She nods and goes over to the TV, where all my movies are. I see a smile dance on her face as she pulls out a movie and show it to me. It’s “Nanny McPhee”. My eyes widen. I rather not watch myself act with my new girlfriend. I gulp and put on a fake smile. This going to be so embarrassing. It’s always been weird and kind of hard to watch myself in a movie or show. I just nod nervously. Maddy puts it into the DVD player and plays it.

We watch it and she tells me how cute I am. I just smile and say thanks. I put my arm around her and she snuggles up close to me.

After the movie Maddy tells me she has to go back to her hotel to work. So, I tell her I’ll give her a ride. We walk outside and head over the the garage. Maddy follows me as I walk over to my motorcycle. She has a scared look on her face.

“Umm… We are talking that,” Maddy says looking very nervous. I hand Maddy my extra helmet and say

“Yes, why are you scared?” I ask kind of taunt. I see that she really must be scared because doesn’t smile at my attempt at a joke.

“Yeah, kinda,” she tells me looking down at her feet. I walk over to Maddy and say

“There’s nothing to be afraid of, Maddy. I would never bring you on something that wasn’t completely safe.” I tell Maddy, taking her hand. I place my other hand on her cheek, I see the worry on her face melt away. I stroke Maddy’s cheek with my thumb. Then take the helmet in Maddy’s hand and put it on her head. I walk over to my bike and put on my helmet. I swing my leg over my bike and take Maddy’s hand, to help her on. Maddy wraps her arms around my torso and I start up my bike. Maddy jumps a bit at the loud sound of my bike, but then I feel her relax a bit. I drive out of the garage and we ride down the down to Maddy’s hotel.