L.O.V.E. ❀ DAISUKE X READER

[ daisuke x female reader (slight angst)  ]

The moonlight eerily creeped through the slight transparent, burgundy curtains inside of an enormous room with a single king-sized bed in the center. Tears stained the cheeks of the quiet girl as she stared off to the forest outside of the room she had resided since the start of her marriage with the one and only available suitor at the time of her arrival to Japan, Kambe. Daisuke Kambe.

The young woman reached up to brush her lips with her fingertips—faintly recalling every kiss they had shared within the span of two years—and recoiled back into her own little world at the thought of her supposed lover on top of another woman. Mascara smeared and dripped down her face as she continued to bury herself in her own sorrow and heartbreak of the recent revelation. It was too much for her to handle. She didn't have the courage to listen to his excuses or read any of his messages left behind from her phone.

daisuke:
y/n— please talk to me!
i'm begging you! we need to talk!
sent at 4:36 PM

i'm genuinely sorry...
i never meant for things to get this far...
please...understand...
sent at 6:45 PM

pick up your phone, please!
i want to talk to you— i want to apologize...
give me a chance...
sent at 10:30 PM

"Imbecile," she quietly mumbled as she heard her phone continuously ding from the messages overflowing from the one person she hated the most at the moment. At this hour, she thought, her relatives had probably already found out about the news from the media or tabloids, which infuriated her to the core. With arms crossed, she rose from the bed and headed to the bathroom. "You've really fucked up this time, Kambe."

Her reflection on the mirror sickened her deeply; ever since the news broke out to the public, her hair had been parted and made in the wrong direction, her makeup smeared horribly against her glowing complexion, and at last, her eyes were surprisingly dark. This is new, she thought to herself. "I might as well get used to this new look.."

Y/n turned the faucet to the sink on and rinsed away the evidence behind the heartbreak caused by the doings of her supposed husband. Faint freckles made their appearance as all of the makeup was wiped away on instinct. Using the gold brush that sat inside of a cabinet, she brushed the knots out from her hair. With a sigh, she began to rummage through her dresser and pulled out a baby blue, flowy dress with puffed sleeves and slight ruffles on the lower skirt. She slid it over and topped her outfit with red, slick heels.

Her eyes settled on the matching suitcase near the corner of the closet. Without hesitation, she quickly began to search for her old clothing in the drawers and through the large amount of hangers. Pulling them off of the rack, she began to intricately fold them and stuff them into the suitcase until she was fully satisfied with the result. Zipping it up, she took a final glance at the room that brought back memories.

Her hand settled on the doorknob before taking the initiative to do this for the both of them. The suitcase rolled as y/n took one step closer to the entrance of the house she once called home. Her heart ached for a split second before coming face-to-face with the familiar woman. "S-Suzue.."

"Is this what you really want?" the woman calmly asked, directly staring into the eyes of her best friend. Over the span of a few months prior to meeting Daisuke, y/n was closely tied and connected to Suzue with her independent, striking demeanor. Often times, they would gossip about the other women and men around in Japan as a joke during their little coffee breaks. "I trust you. I really do. But, are you completely sure about your decision?"

"I need to do this," y/n breathed out, gripping onto the handle of the suitcase. It was for their own good. "I really need to take time off from all of this...this whole mess...this whole chaos...I need to focus on the future. It's for the best."

"How do you know—"

Before Suzue could even finish her sentence, Daisuke bursted into the entrance of his house. His eyes rested on the woman next to his sister—a smile crawling up the ends of his lips—sudden relief consuming his head. "Thank god! Y/n, we need to sit down and talk," he rapidly admitted, reaching for one of her shoulders.

Anger bubbled inside her chest as he faintly touched her shoulder. No one was allowed to touch her. Not anymore. Not after he touched that woman, she thought to herself. In disgust, she slapped his hand away from her shoulder and shielded the first thing that came into mind— her stomach. Protectively, she set her hands on her small bump. "Don't you dare touch me! You're a fucking liar! Don't even think about getting near me!"

"Dear..."

"No! Don't! Just leave me alone! Got it! I don't need you!" she abruptly confessed. Tears began to well against the corner of her eyes as she noted him attempting to get closer. She shook her head. Instead, she took further steps back. "Stop it! Daisuke, stop it! Just stop! Leave me alone..."

The detective eyed his sister from the corner of the living room and nodded as she made a buzzline to the entrance door to make her exit from this private matter. "Y/n, I fucked up. I know I have. Please listen to me."

"I'm done, Daisuke. I'm seriously done with all of this. I'm tired of being a bloody fool and falling for your romantic antics. I'm tired of being this perfect wife. You haven't even taken the time to eat dinner with me every once in a while. You're a horrible husband," she hurtfully revealed. "Have you ever loved me from the start?"

"Of course I have," he quickly responded, running a hand through his face. "I do care. I care about you. I've always cared about you from the start. You mean the world to me—"

"Then you should have thought of that before you slept with that woman. After all, actions speak louder than words."

Anxious, y/n bit her lip before gripping onto the handle of her suitcase once more. With a step closer to the door, she looked into his gloomy eyes from a distance for the final time before turning the knob to the left. Daisuke swore he felt his heart tear for the first time and final time in his life. He didn't understand her sudden change of character and mindset. It was strangely unfamiliar to him. He never would have thought that she would actually leave him, especially after ensuring that she had everything she ever wanted in life.

Guess that wasn't enough, he thought to himself.

His mind clouded with thoughts of the past two years with his wife, y/n. He enjoyed everything about her. He was head over heels for the woman that once stood up for him through a mission. He was head over heels for the woman of his dreams. Alas, he lost her. Indefinitely. "We've done it this time, Kambe," he whispered to himself, pulling a wine bottle and glass cup from the kitchen.

Downing the drink in sorrow, he believed that he needed to forget this whole situation for the night before he could make up his mind for the next step to fix the relationship he had with y/n. As he banged the bottle against the counter, a small bag caught his eye from a cabinet. Curious, he reached up and pulled the bag down. Daisuke poured the content of the bag onto the marble counter— his eyes widening at the sight of a teddy bear onesie. A yellow onesie.

"S-She's not pregnant," he chuckled in denial of the truth. He chugged down more of the refined wine before scrummaging through the paper bag and pulling out a white and blue stick. Two pink lines presenting themselves in front of his own two eyes. He lost his balance for a minute and felt the alcohol rising up his throat. "N-No way..."

She has my baby, he continuously repeated to himself.

The detective stumbled into the bathroom while grabbing onto the onesie in one hand. Feeling uneasy, he threw up the contents of his stomach into the toilet. He rinsed his mouth with cold water from the sink before settling down onto the hardwood floor. His eyes fluttered shut as his body weakened with the alcohol in his system. "I-I love you, y/n...and our baby...my baby..."

Like a flash of lightning— he was out.

[ a/n: the drought is real! i need more daisuke and haru content! i can never get enough of them! anyway, an actual full-story fanfic is in the works for balance unlimited from me! i started planning it out— kinda lol ]