FIRST FAREWELL ❀ DAISUKE X READER

[ slight angst blur ]

"You're acting unreasonably furious right now for no reason whatsoever! Stop being so self-centered for once!"

The woman in a black cocktail dress stared at the man with a stunned expression on her face. She couldn't believe what she was hearing from her fiancé as he gazed back at her with anger coursing through his body. She was terribly taken aback at the tone of voice he was using. He rarely ever got mad with the woman he loved. Her eyebrows furrowed in as she took the initiative to remove the silky heels she wore. Without a word, she began to walk down the stairs of the building, directing herself to the side of the road with her head held high.

For a split second, Daisuke was confused. His face softened immediately upon realizing her action, watching as she stomped away from his figure in utter silence. "What the hell are you doing? Get in the car, y/n. You're going to get your dress wet from the rain," he shouted, opening the passenger door to his sports vehicle. "I'm the one who brought you here tonight. Remember?"

Twisting her head around, she peered into the blue orbs from a distance before rolling her eyes. "I'm not getting in the car with you, especially after the show you put on for those guests. Do you really think that I'm so easy to manipulate? I can't do this, Daisuke. Not right now. I'm going home."

As raindrops began to fall from the sky, the detective ran after the woman, gripping onto her shoulder. "I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have done that, but I didn't know what to do in that instant, so I made up the lie. Y/n, please listen to me. You don't understand. I had to do it to ensure that my reputation was saved."

"Oh, so it's all about you now," y/n snapped, wiping the raindrop from her cheeks. "When was it ever about us? Us!  Have you been lying to me all this time now? You know what, I can't live a life like this. If being a part of your family is this difficult, then I'm done. I can't deal with this bullshit coming from your mouth right now..."

Y/n stopped in her tracks. As much as she loved him, she couldn't stand his family or their reputation one bit. She was a commoner in their eyes...that's all. She wasn't going to be mistreated by his family just because she was different from what they had in mind for their heir. Closing her eyes, she began to slide a diamond ring off from her left hand. His eyes widened and his breath quickened as the realization of her doings hit him. "W-What are you doing? Y/n...please! I beg of you! What about us? I love you..."

"Daisuke, this is all too much for me to handle all at once."

She inched towards the man in the suit, reaching for his hand. Taking his hand, she opened his palm and settled the ring against his skin. "I need a break," y/n whispered, letting him go before disappearing into the dark night

He watched her run away from his life

....for the first and last time.

[ a/n: SO, THIS WAS A SHORT ONE!

Actually, this was a mini chapter thing for Ineffable (My Daisuke X Reader fanfic), but I didn't really like how things were traveling on at first, so I switched things up. Basically, this is a draft of what could have been half a chapter. Completely scratched it. Lol Anyways, I'm still working through requests!

But, if you want to request something, then go on ahead. ]