PROMISE ❀ DAISUKE X READER

[ daisuke x female reader (fluff-ish)
continuation of L.O.V.E. and NUMB]

"You have such a dad look going on," Haru commented with a slight chuckle as he watched Daisuke carry one of the baby car seats and baby bag while the brunette held the other. The wealthy man gave up on the formal suits since the arrival of his children. It had been a couple of weeks since they were born— but two babies always kept him up on his toes, especially at night, leaving him no time to dress up in his usual work attire. He was on paternity leave till he felt he was ready enough to go back to work.

Seeing as he got to see his two bundles of joy at home with him everyday, he didn't mind the small vacation away from fighting crimes alongside his coworkers at the office. Daisuke enjoyed the life of being a father and the sight of his children sleeping and cooing on the daily brought a smile to his face. His children did change his life for the better. Suzue noted the change too. He was much more attentive to the people in his life and took the time to spend some time with them whenever he had the chance. "He's a good father so far," the woman with the dark hair added, carrying a bouquet of roses.

"Thanks a lot," he mumbled, turning the knob into the familiar hospital hallway hat he had spent time strolling through for weeks now. Just as he was about to enter the room, he heard his two children whimper in their seats. Haru looked at Daisuke for clarification of the sudden movement. "They need their diapers changed. Suzue, you can go on ahead without us. We'll be back in a bit," the young father sighed.

Suzue nodded before heading down the hall. A few minutes earlier, on the other hand, y/n was fighting against the hold of the nurses as she wanted to leave and see her babies up front for the first time.

"Where are my babies? This is unacceptable! I want to leave! I want my babies now!" a voice shouted in the room at a pair of nurses, struggling to get out of bed with her arm in a sling that snug tightly against the side of her chest. Y/n winced in pain as she felt pain on her right hip. Ultimately, she cried in defeat as the nurses positioned her comfortably back against the hospital bed. "I just want to see my babies..."

"I know, y/n. I heard from a little birdie that your family is here to visit. They'll come down to your room in a minute or two, so I'd advise that you stay put in the meantime," the nurse revealed, handing the young mother her water bottle. Y/n thanked the nurse and adjusted the rise of the hospital bed. Her head had cleared up a little since earlier that morning, but she was still confused about the arrangement made. None of it made sense to her. The last thing she remembered was the ride in the ambulance truck.

Y/n looked up to the TV screen in her hospital room before hearing the doorknob shuffle a little. Her eyes adjusted towards the door and gasped as she made contact with the familiar woman with a soft smile on her face. "Suzue!"

"Y/n, thank god you're awake!" the slim woman happily shouted, running up to y/n and embracing her tightly. Suzue handed the bouquet of flowers to y/n before falling into a quick conversation as they normally did. "I'm really glad that you're awake. It's been a while since I've last seen you. Daisuke has been such a good father to the babies. They're so cute and tiny. I can't wait for you to meet them—"

"Daisuke?" she repeated, shaking her head. Her hands trembled at the thought of someone like him taking care of her babies. It made her feel uneasy and queasy at the thought. Since she left, she made a promise to herself that her children would not meet their father due to the fear of him being overly gloomy and stern with them. "Daisuke has my babies? How? Where are they?"

"The babies are currently getting their diapers changed with the help of Haru and Daisuke. Although, they should be arriving here in a few seconds," Suzue informed y/n, holding her free hand. "Before they arrive, I just want to say that he's missed you. Terribly. He's really trying his best to be the best father for your babies. I admire that a lot from him."