MY DEAREST ❀ DAISUKE X READER

[ fluff content — daisuke kambe x reader ]

"You look stunning, darling..."

On que, a hand settled on her right shoulder while she carefully attempted to fan her nausea away with her left. She felt a chaste kiss creep onto the nook of her neck, which sent an electric shock through her body. Pure bliss. With a soft smile, she melted into the affection by leaning her head towards the blue-eyed man as he continued to shower his beloved wife with tender kisses along her soft skin. "D-Daisuke, I think we should start heading towards the ball. D-Don't you think?"

For a brief second, he stopped in his track before lifting his gaze up to meet their reflection on the mirror. He examined the way her black dress hugged her curves beautifully— it almost accentuated her frame perfectly, even with a slight evident bump. His attention was then averted to her wavy hair, which bellowed behind almost goddess-like.

Well, technically, she was already HIS goddess.

His most-prized possession.

His love.

His world.

His future.

"Do you feel better than this morning?" he whispered, wrapping his arms around her waist. Her body instantly flushed at the sudden embrace while trying to make sense of the situation as her husband situated his hand on her stomach. More like, her growing baby bump. She was already three months into her pregnancy, and well, she will admit that she was never expecting morning sickness and the cravings to be as bad as others have joked around about.

Much to her dismay, baby Kambe was already giving her a run for her money.

With a long sigh, y/n nodded. "Thankfully. Hopefully your baby takes a long nap because her mommy already needs a break," the woman sighed while rubbing her temple, intertwining her fingers with her husband not long after.

The billionaire chuckled, shaking his head in playful disapproval. "We could just call off for the day, y/n," he breathed, running circles on her abdomen.

Y/n shivered from the tickle of his hot breath against her jaw. "Y-Yeah, no. I don't think that's a good idea," she responded, shoving her husband away from her body before he could sneakily grab a hold of her bottom. "Besides, I'm tired. What don't you understand of the term tired? I thought you were smarter than me."

"Smarter?"

Daisuke rose his eyebrow at his wife with a straight face before breaking into a fit of laughter. Inching towards his beloved again, he caught her left hand. His blue orbs fell into a mesmerized gaze upon the sight of a specific crystal on her ring finger. It twinkled at just the right angle— leaving him almost speechless— the ring was truly one-of-a-kind and absolutely perfect. "I appreciate your compliment, y/n," the detective continued, kissing the top of her hand.

The pregnant woman stomped her foot against the polished floor before turning her back against her husband. She wasn't mad at him whatsoever, and he understood that too. She was just too flustered to even deal with his teasing antics, especially when they had somewhere to be in that instant. "God dammit, Daisuke," she replied, shooing him away with a wave of her hand while still not meeting his eye. "You're so full of yourself, you know. Stop embarrassing me..."

Daisuke pursed his lips as he crossed his arms.

Shaking his head, he ran a hand through his face before pinching the bridge of his nose. It was already getting late as he took a quick peek at his watch. It wouldn't hurt to bargain...

Would it?

Or would it not?

"So, how much?"

"How much what?"

Peering into the bathroom, he leaned against the side of the door. "How much do you want?"

In confusion, y/n furrowed her eyebrows in while setting a hand against her hip. She wasn't quite asking for anything in the first place. It threw her off guard, but well, Daisuke always threw her off in general. Despite being married to him for almost a year now, she still wasn't able to completely decipher her husband. "I don't want money, Daisuke. I thought we've talked about this already—"

"I'm not talking about money, y/n. I'm talking about the weird chocolates you've been craving lately...the ones you've been begging me to get. How much then?" the Kambe Heir uttered, fixing any imperfections on his hair as a distraction.

Y/n deviously smirked.

It might seem silly to a few, but ever since Daisuke was aware of her carrying his child. He couldn't help but be an overprotective father to their unborn child already, who yet has a long way to go before either one of them get to meet him or her. One thing he has done so far into the pregnancy is ensuring that y/n was properly being nourished for her health and safety of both the baby and his wife. "Well, well. I wasn't expecting you to offer that up, but now that you've mentioned it. Well, I bet you wouldn't mind buying a whole crate for me..."

"A crate? Are you insane?"

"Please, Daisuke," she cutely begged, grabbing onto his purple tie. She brought their faces together and they were merely a few centimeters away from each other. Quickly she closed in the gap by pressing a soft kiss onto his lips. "Please, Dai. This is the only thing I'll ask for. I've never begged for anything else in the past."

"Are you sure about that?" Daisuke stifled. "Last night you were begging for me to—"

"Oh, shut up!"

Y/n facepalmed herself while baring a red face. With a roll of her eye, she whacked him on the shoulder. "You know exactly what I mean when I beg, so don't you dare bring up last night."

The blue-eyed man reached for a single rose from one of flowers vases and dumbfoundedly offered it to his wife as she whacked him several times."Accept my apology then, my dearest," the detective replied, trying to get his love to stop with the violence.

She wasn't usually this violent, but lately, he noted the mass difference in mood and how easily she was quick to become temperamental, especially considering her situation at the moment. Y/n grabbed the rose from his hand and chuckled quietly to herself. "You're lucky I'm letting you off this time," she mumbled out, offering her elbow to the man in the black suit.

With a pat on her arm, he returned to his usual stance by tackling the supportive husband role. "I'll have your crate arrived by tomorrow evening."

"Sounds good to me."

With a prideful smile, the pregnant woman walked into the ballroom to be happily greeted by relatives. Daisuke only watched as women surrounded his wife to start a bubbly conversation about marriage and pregnancy and whatnot.

But, nothing compared to her smile.

Not even her aura.

Her beautiful, simple smile.

[ a/n: not at me for wanting to originally make this an angst after reading an angst fanfic, but i was too into it to even think about angst and WOWZERS— this happened so yeah ]