TURMOIL ❀ HARU X READER*

[ mature content—
read at your own risk
requested by @summerf979]

Daisuke offered his arm to the woman as she walked out of her own hotel room in a stunning, skin-tight dress adorned with gold embellishments. Her creamy leg was exposed through the slit, which took both of the men off guard, as they attempted to go through the protocol with her about the slight investigation back at a certain ballroom. The woman continuously nodded while trying to catch a grasp of the sudden information, keeping a close eye on the brunette as he flailed his hands in the air. "So, are we clear about the entire thing?" he asked, stopping in the middle of his track to glimpse at the wealthy man with their lovely, new coworker.

"I think so," she peeped, removing herself from Daisuke. She smoothened out the fabric hugging against her waist before flashing a smile at the gold-eyed man. His heart began to have its mind of his own as it began to race upon the sight of the woman in front of his eyes. Haru could absolutely not deny the fact that she was glowing more than usual that night. She was breathtakingly beautiful. "Are we ready?"

"Yes...I suppose so."

"Well then, let's get a move on with this mission!" Haru exclaimed with a rosy blush on his cheeks, pointing at the enormous brown door that led to the ballroom. With a smirk on his face, Daisuke took the initiative to intertwine his fingers with y/n as they entered as a pair, leaving Haru behind on his own. Haru huffed in dissatisfaction, but ultimately pushed his emotions off to the side to work exclusively on the mission. "I'll keep an eye on this end for a couple of minutes. Don't be afraid to spread out a little."

"Yeah, yeah. We get it, inspector Katou," Daisuke brushed off with a harmless chuckle, tugging the woman towards the refreshments table. Haru scoffed, crossing his arms. Shaking his head, the brunette began to slither through the dance floor while trying to eavesdrop on conversations between the people invited to the gala. After a couple of runs around the room, he had no luck. No one was going to drop information so easily as he thought they would. With his head hung low, his attention was averted to a table with Daisuke and y/n.

He watched as y/n sipped down a glass of wine as the wealthy man rambled on about something with his shoulders quite relaxed. One of the buttons on his dress shirt was slightly undone to reveal a bit of skin, which made Haru recoil a little at the thought of him in such a state. With a tongue stuck out and a shiver, y/n waved the gold-eyed man over to where she was sitting. "Katou-san, did you find anything?"

Haru pulled the empty chair next to her and sat down with a sigh, reaching out for an empty glass to fill his cup with some of the luxurious wine Daisuke had ordered from the bar. "Not yet. Looks like tonight was a complete failure," he admitted, swishing the cup in his hand.

"That's a bummer," she exhaled, patting Daisuke on the back as he laid his head against the table. The two watched as a drunk Daisuke groaned and complained about his headache for quite some time until he broke the silent himself. Y/n pulled her hand away from him and awkwardly rubbed the back of her head in response. Meanwhile, Haru bursted into a fit of laughter. "Haha...Daisuke, I think it's time that we took you back to your room. Don't you think so, Katou?"

The brunette shrugged. "Believe it or not, I'm enjoying this."

Y/n playfully punched the brunette on his shoulder, shaking her head while finishing the last of the wine in her glass. She really didn't like that Daisuke was fooling around all this time with her, but she couldn't leave the poor fella alone. They were all a team. They had to work together. Alas, someone decided to drink almost the entire bottle of wine and forgot about the point behind the ongoing investigation. "I don't know. I don't think he's doing so well. I never would have thought that Daisuke was a lightweight."