PRICE TAG ❀ HARU X READER*

[ mature content— read at your own risk
requested by @BangtanSoneyondamn]

It all began at an extravagant masquerade gala.

His intention at the gala was purely for work. As a detective, he needed to crack down information for the case he was working on beside his co-worker, Daisuke. Never in a million years did he think that he would find himself meeting a quick-witted woman, who he would later grow fond of after a couple of dinner dates and explicit texts. The brunette clearly remembered the first time they exchanged introductions at the gala with the assistance of Daisuke; after all, both the woman and the wealthy man had a friendship already formed due to family connections prior to their younger days.

"Lovely evening we're having," the woman sighed, fiddling with the fork in her hand as she played with the salad on her gold plate. She gazed up to meet the eyes of the detective, smiling. The woman was lovesick. As much as she hated to admit it to herself, she wanted him at any cost. "I'm not really in the mood for this salad today. What about you? Anything else you want to eat before we head out..."

With his mouth stuffed, he lifted his hand to cover his mouth to finish chewing before swallowing and clearing his throat with a drink of sparkling water. Shrugging, the brunette crossed his arms. "Not really, but we can always leave early if you want," Haru responded, nervously rubbing the nape of his neck as he stared at y/n for her next instruction. "Although, I'm pretty surprised you don't even want to have dessert tonight. Unusual for a lady like you."

Y/n rolled her eyes, examining her nails. "I love sweets, but I'm in the mood for another type of dessert tonight," the woman admitted with a chuckle, drinking from her wine glass before setting it down and waving a waiter over to their table. Haru maintained an eye on the woman before shaking his head in disapproval. With a slight pout on his face, he began to pull his card out, but before he even had the chance— y/n pulled out several hundred dollar bills from her purse. In return, she received a receipt with a respectful nod from the handsome waiter. "I'm ready whenever you are."

The detective stood up from his seat and thanked the staff at the restaurant as did y/n while they made their departure. A few dark clouds casted over the once-sunny sky, causing y/n to pull the cover over her convertible vehicle as the chauffeur handed her the keys. Haru slipped into the passenger and put on his seatbelt, turning to his right to see the woman struggling with her heels. Groaning, he watched her slip out of the red heels and throw them into the backseat. "Are you sure you're okay with driving? I can always drive you home if your feet are sore."

"Don't worry," she replied, keeping a demure composure as she drove off to her mansion home. Passing through trees and bushes, they made it to their destination in one piece. Much to her dismay, the entire car ride was silent. She didn't know how to start the conversation up in fear of ruining their night. She wanted to get him as comfortable as possible before bringing up the possibility of doing a little more than kissing. Hopping off from the vehicle, y/n grabbed her velvet purse and ran to the passenger side to meet with Haru.

In a hurry, she laced her fingers through his, tugging him into her home without a single word. Quietly, she pulled him towards a familiar room, locking the door instantly behind. It wasn't that she wanted things to go quickly under a span of a few minutes, but she was desperate and craving for his undeniable attention. After all, he hadn't made the attempt to touch her since their little rendezvous almost a month ago. With her job on the line as a business woman and part-time model, neither of the two had spare time to satisfy their desires. "Looks like someone is desperate," Haru teased, watching y/n pin him down against her enormous bed.

Y/n stuck her tongue out at him before pulling his chin further up enough for a sweet kiss. Their lips mingled with each other for a brief moment—fighting for dominance— until the spontaneous of the two took the initiative to run her hands down to his lower region. Taken aback, Haru pulled apart from the kiss and wiggled his eyebrows at the beauty on top of him. "What do you think you're doing, miss?" he stated in a playful tone, catching her wrist. "Let's take this slow, shall we?"