seven

a/n and we are back to the present time. sorry for that interruption. enjoy some quality kurooaka and akaken from here on.

akaashi felt his sleepy form being shaken out of the slumber, honestly felt like someone was rocking him back and forth. quite hypnotizing and relaxing, so why would he open his eyes? he felt like a lone sailor on a boat, the small waves rocked his vessel as the scorching sun burned his face - he hadn't drunk fresh water in days and his mouth was parched.

"akaashi..." he heard a faint voice coming from somewhere and yet he was still far from land. perhaps it was a rescuing ship coming for him, perhaps he should open his eyes even if the sun burns his retinas. and so, akaashi did just that. he opened his eyes and met a pair of hazel ones. a strong hand was placed on his waist, the same one that rocked him back and forth.

"time to wake up," kuroo said, his voice felt like a cool breeze washing over akaashi's hot sailor body. the smell of cheap coffee and pancakes entered akaashi's lungs and he sat up in his bed, yawning and stretching his limbs.

"good morning kuroo," he said in his raspy morning voice as he extended his arms out and let out a squeal - stretching felt good. 

"morning sweetpea. i made breakfast" kuroo said. he got off akaashi's bed and watched in awe as akaashi emerged from under his blankets, shirtless. 

"thank you, you're the best" akaashi smiled at kuroo before yawning once again. his eyes had yet to focus on that electronic clock on the wall. making out time was harder than it seemed. "what time is it?" akaashi asked, too lazy to look for his glasses.

"it's almost eleven a.m. yes, i didn't wake you up earlier. you looked too cute to wake up" kuroo chuckled. akaashi felt his cheeks heating up as he turned away from kuroo. flirting first thing in the morning? and making breakfast? what is he, the romance master?

"i'm gonna go wash my face real quick," akaashi said before bolting out of the room and into the shared dorm bathroom. first, of course, he went to the actual bathroom and conducted his morning duties and then finally approached the sink and splashed his water with the ice-cold water that it provided.

what happened last night? oh yes, after akaashi agreed to start dating kuroo and kenma, kenma had no intentions of leaving early and made kuroo fetch some drinks and snacks for them. they spent hours talking and laughing about various things, just getting comfortable to an already comfy atmosphere of them three - after all, that's how it will be now.

them three.

akaashi still had a hard time wrapping his head around it. he was... in a relationship right now. that did not feel real. just yesterday he was single and now today he is committed. how does one come to feel like they are in a relationship anyway? as akaashi splashed his face again he looked at himself in the mirror.

he knew he was handsome. he grew to love himself over the years, and especially with support from his family akaashi was able to bloom and be himself. his morning hair was a mess though, and he had bags under his eyes. there was an annoying pimple on his forehead, hiding and he had to take care of his eyebrows - yet kuroo and kenma saw the beauty in that too.

as akaashi inhaled deeply, he placed his hand over his heart, feeling the elevated heartbeat. it feels nice to be wanted and appreciated. he knew that once he comes back, kuroo will not hesitate to show him, love, he was very affectionate. and... it felt so nice and so warm to know that someone is waiting for you.

"okay!" akaashi slapped his own cheeks with his hands. "let's go and finally be happy!" he said to himself. he walked back into the room to see kuroo by their table, two cups of coffee and two plates of pancakes - a breakfast of gods. akaashi made a mental note for himself to finally unleash the affectionate beast inside of him and show kuroo and kenma that he was taking this as seriously as they were.