eight

"ready to go?" kuroo asked as akaashi checked himself out in the mirror one more time.

"do i look okay?" akaashi turned to the taller male, whose style was impeccable. and he dares say that everything looks good on akaashi? he managed to take these simple pieces of clothing and combine them into an absolute fit. kuroo had drip and akaashi was thirsty.

kuroo picked out a nice black shirt with thin white stripes, a simple white t-shirt hid underneath it. it was one size too big, which kuroo picked on purpose as he tucked it loosely into his black pants that were just tight enough to show off his nice legs. he finished the look with his new white sneakers and a couple of chains attached to the pants. on his wrist a nice silver watch and on his fingers a couple of rings.

honestly, this was the first time akaashi saw him dress up like this. maybe because kenma and he had been dating for a while already that kuroo didn't feel a need to go all out when they went on a date, but now that akaashi was in the picture - maybe he wanted to show off.

the last time akaashi watched kuroo dress up for his date with kenma, all he did was throw on a t-shirt, not change from his sweatpants and put on sneakers - apparently they went to the movies, but akaashi wouldn't know was kuroo did not come back that night.

akaashi, meanwhile, added a pop of color into his outfit. a dark blue t-shirt was the centerpiece as it wrapped around akaashi's torso nicely. on that, a long and comfortable cardigan style piece that he stole from hanamaki. ripped and cuffed black jeans and his favorite black sneakers. unlike kuroo, he didn't accessorize much, apart from a couple of rings.

"akaashi, you look perfect. you always do. don't worry about it" kuroo gave him a smile, extending his hand to him as if asking akaashi to take it so they could leave. with one last glance at the mirror, akaashi finally sighed and took kuroo's hand. the two of them headed out of the door, locking it behind them in case of a curious someone peeping in to check whether akaashi is in.

"so, where are we going?" akaashi asked as the two walked down the hallway, passing many empty rooms. everyone was still on break. akaashi turned to kuroo, whose side profile once again threw him off guard, is it possible to even have these sharp features? 

"you'll see. we'll take a bus" kuroo turned to him and smiled, making akaashi turn away to try and hide his blush. "so... are you set on your decision?" kuroo suddenly asked, squeezing akaashi's hand just slightly.

"set on my decision?" akaashi raised an eyebrow.

"yeah... to be with us. you know, i wouldn't blame you for doubting anything - this must feel so new" kuroo began rambling. "you have never been in a relationship like this before, so even if you doubt it it's fine - just tell me, okay? i really wanna make sure--"

"kuroo if i doubted it i wouldn't be out with you right now" akaashi interrupted him, still looking away. kuroo could see the red tips of his ears. "it does feel... weird but in a good sense"

"weird?" 

"yeah. i guess the thought that i am now committed is slowly settling in. i haven't felt like this in a while" akaashi finally turned to kuroo and flashed him a smile, one that made kuroo's knees weaken for just a second.

they exchanged a few more words as they made their way to the bus stop. the sun was out, which made akaashi more happy than he anticipated - or perhaps it was the way that kuroo's eyes sparkled in the light that made him smile, he has yet to figure that out. as the two waited, kuroo went on a rant about how people are donating to kenma during streams asking him for innapropriate things.