Chapter 15 (Girlfriend?)

I woke up by the sound of my alarm. I stretched my body and lazily walk to the bathroom. Today is Sunday and then tomorrow I will go to my class as usual.

"Morning" I said to my mom.

"Morning honey, do you have any plan for today? Since today is your birthday"

I sit on the chair and grab one curry puff from the plate.

"Yeah, Sammy and Lara ask me out. They said they want to treat me lunch"

My mom nod and continue her work. After finish with breakfast. I help my mom to clean up the house then I take a bath and prepare myself to go out with Lara and Sammy.

As usual, I just choose a simple outfit which is hoodies and shawl.

Not long after that, Lara and Sammy arrived at my house then we decided to eat steamboat. (For those who didn't know what is steamboat, it is just like Shabu Shabu or you can just assume it as hotpot. In Malaysia we call it steamboat)

"Yan, Harris said he want to come over. Do you mind?" Sammy ask me.

As soon as I heard his name, blood rush to my face and I could feel that my face getting red.

"Ye...yeahh sure" I said.

After that, I anxiously wait for Harris to come. Did he know that today is my birthday? I kinda hope that he know. Maybe he got surprised for me? Pftt Yan! Your imagination is too high, but there is nothing wrong in getting a high hope. Right?

Harris walk in to the place casually. I look at him and I think I don't belong to be with him right now. I mean, look at me. All sweaty because I keep grilling the meat. I fix my shawl and then act like I didn't notice him.

"Hey guys" He greeted then shake hand with Sammy. Harris sit beside me and I keep looking at the grill so that our eyes wouldn't meet.

"Hey Yan" He said to me.

"Heyyyy!" I replied with a high pitch voice. What the heck Yan! What is wrong with your voice? I ask myself. Then we continue to eat and we decided to watch a movie after we finish eating.

We choose to watch A Moment of Happiness. This movie is about a fake social media celebrity who got into a relationship with a Thai boy. They are actually not a rich people, but to keep their popularity, her family need to hide the secret from the boyfriend and his family.

Well, as I said. Lara can't be separate with her Chinese and Thai drama or movie. So when there is an opportunity to watch it. She will take it, and this movie is mix with Chinese and Thai. It's like kill two birds with one stone for Lara.

"Yannnnn...... Sammy ask if he can sit beside me. Can Harris sit beside you?" Lara ask me carefully.

"But.. if you didn't want me to sit beside him. Its okay, I will sit with you. Today is your birthday anyway. I should spend time more with you" She added.

I sigh before giving an answer to her.

"You can sit with Sammy. You doesn't have to ask a permission from me okay. Besides, you two love bird can't be separate anyway." I answered while winking my eyes to her.

She slaps my hand and then hug me before she walk to Sammy.

After we settle down at the cinema, I scrolled my phone to see if there is any message from my family.

"So, today is your birthday" Harris said to me.

I just nod without looking at him. It is not like I don't want to look at his face, I just embarrassed.

"Urmm okay" He said.

Then the movie starts and our eyes fixed on the screen. After the movie ended, we decided to go home.

"Yan, can you come with me for a while? I want to bring you somewhere" Harris ask me while scratching the back of his head. I look at Lara and she signaled me to go with Harris.

"Sure. Where are we going?" I ask him.

"Surprise" He replied.

OH EMMM GEEEE YANN!! Your dream does come true! I said to myself.

After a short ride, we arrived at our destination. Beach?

"Why are we here?" I ask him.

"Well, I like beach. My family always bring me to a beach" He said.

Then we sit on the sand and appreciated the scenery in front of us.

"Yan" He called me.

"Hmm??" I answered but my eyes still looking at the beach.

"Be my girlfriend?" His question shocked me. I look at him and his eyes is locked with mine. I could hear a sweet song play behind me, the birds singing along and the wind blow softly on my face. (Welp, imagination is running wild)

"Girlfriend?" I ask him.

"Yes, do you want to be my girlfriend?"

I smile widely. I mean who doesn't? Your crush is asking you to be his girlfriend.

I nod slowly.

"Is that your answer?" he ask unsurely.

I nod again and this time I received a big smile from him. Then he took out a small box from his pocket.

"This is for you" he said.

"What is this?" I ask him and open the small box. I could see a necklace with my name and his name on it. Wow! What a great preparation.

"This is beautiful! But what if I said no?"

"Then I will just throw this necklace at the beach. Problem solved" He answered jokingly.

I chuckled at his answer.

"But why me?" I ask him while playing with the sand.

"Actually, I like you since you sign up for the club. Look at you, you are fierce, independent and also you are smart. You have a nice personality that can attract people to talk to you. I'm not a person who knows how to express my feeling, so I just kept it to myself. Until we went out to Udon Thani, I guess I can't keep it anymore. This is our last year, so if I didn't make a move now maybe I don't have any chance left" He explained to me.

I blushed with his answer.

"I also like you since I got into the club" I said slowly.

"Really??" He ask me.

I nod shyly and he smiled at me sweetly. Then we talk a little bit before we decided to go home.

"Thank you for today" I said to Harris as I walk out from the car.

"And thank you for accepting me as your boyfriend" He replied.

After saying goodbye, I walk into my house then plop myself on the bed.

I look at the necklace that Harris gave to me and keep smiling. I keep smiling that I could feel my face become numb because of it.

"Tomorrow gonna be a new fresh day! This is the best birthday ever!!!!!" I said to myself and giggle like maniac.