2-Even Breathes

Miss Barbra, the caretaker, was finishing files when a couple around the age of twenty walked in and Barbra motioned for them to take a seat.

They say down and said "We're looking for a son to adopt, about seven perhaps?" The lady said.

"Please follow me to the boys dorm. They just got in from recess." Miss Barbra informed them.

"Thank you ma'am" said the man.

Miss Barbra simply nodded and ushered them into the hallway. They walked in silence, nothing but Miss Barbra's heels clanking on the ground, all the way to the boys dormitory.

"You may look arounds and talk to the boys. I shall be in my office, so when you are done, cheek in with me, please and thank you." And with that, Barbra left.

Meanwhile, Avie was in her room cleaning her section, since she shared with 3 other girls, Julie, Fatima and Kelly. All friends, who, just so happened, to hate Avie with passion.

"What are you doing?" Kelly asked Avie.

"Cleaning" Avie said, silently thanking, whoever was listening, that she didn't stutter.

"Do you have nothing better to do? Do you have no life or something? Geez, you make my head hurt." Kelly said as if it was a compliment.

"Umm, I-I I like to umm, keep my sec-tion c-clean." Avie stuttered.

"Whatever" Then, without another word, Kelly left.

Avie let out a breath but it felt harder to intake a breath. She couldn't breath. she was having a panic attack. all she could hear was her 3 roommates laughing.

Avie started to panic because she was only 5 and had no idea what to do.

She ran out of the room down the hall but bumped into a man coming out of the boys dorm.

"Oh sorry, there. A-are you okay?" he asked noticing her trouble breathing. "Perry!" He shouted. she came rushing in.

"Zayn what's w-" she stopped dead in her tracks noticing Avie curled up in a bawl on the ground.
"Zayn what happened?!" She frantically asked while running over.

"I don't know. we bumped into each other but she's pretty out of breath. Is she having a panic attack?" Zayn asked.

"I think so. Quick, go get Miss Barbra!!" Perry rushed, and Zayn flew out of the room.

"Shh, it's okay. You're okay." Perry said while cradling Avie in her arms. "You'll be alright. Calm down, just breath, even breaths."