Chapter 1

I'm walking around the club, it's filled with men, most older than me. My manager is standing behind the bar, watching us all do our job. Sometimes I wonder which is worse, him or the men visiting his club. Either way, events caused me to get involved in this club, to be precise a stripclub.

"Mary, could you come over please?" I hear a female voice.

I look up to see one of my colleagues. She mostly stands at the door, greeting guests and asking what they want to do today. I never like it as she calls out to me. I walk over to see three male guests, all three look rather peculiar.

The first one has long green hair, with two strands at the top which stick up like lightning flashes. He has darker green eyes and is wearing rather fancy clothes. He is definitely the most normal looking of the three, though seems kind of uncomfortable.

The second kind of scares me. A sort of medieval helmet covers the top part of his face, leaving only a small part of his nose and his mouth visible. Furthermore he seems to be wearing a sort of middle-aged knight outfit, with skulls on the shoulderpats and dominated by the colours purple and black. He is accompanied by what seems like flying totems. I guess he's a mage.

The third one definitely scares me the most though. It's a guy with blonde, spiky hair and blue eyes. A lightning scar covers his right eye. He is wearing headphones with spikes on the sides. Furthermore he is huge, he is definitely a head taller than me and I think twice as broad. The thing which might scare me the most are the sparks coming off of his body, he must be a mage. 

Seeing the last two are probably mages, I conclude that the green-haired is probably a mage too. I take a closer look and notice a guild mark on his hand. I recognise the green Fairy Tail logo, not that it's hard to recognise such a popular guild mark. Would the three of them all be from the same guild?

"Good day," I greet them with a low voice. I've never had much confidence in this place, with the revealing outfits and rather rude guests. At first the manager used to call me out for it every time, until he realised some guys liked a shy girl and he let me be. The manager has a short temper, so I'm glad he doesn't mind anymore.

"Mary, these are three new guests which don't really know what they want. Could you tell them about your magic?" my colleague asks.

"I know exactly what I want," the blonde-haired mage grumbles. "I want to leave."

I look confused at the blonde-haired mage and his compagnions.

"Don't worry about it!" the guy which seems like a medieval character yells. His speech is accompanied by the little totems which shout 'don't worry' over and over in sync. "See, even my babies know you shouldn't worry. Laxus here is just a bit down in the drains!"

The blonde guy, apparently called Laxus, scoffs and looks away from me.

My colleague nodges me and I quickly remember my task. I fold my hands together behind my back and look at the three. "My name is Mary Change, I'm a mage. My magic allows me to change my body into anything I have seen in the past 24 hours. I must've seen it in physical form, so paper pictures or anything won't work. You may ask me how I must alter my physical traits." I crack a smile after my explanation.

"Can you change your skin to anything which doesn't live? So chameleon-like?" Laxus asks.

"Y-yes, I can. Why do you ask?" I answer.

"Well then, little girl, you go stand there," he points at the closest wall, "change to fit the wall and act as if you aren't here. So don't bother me anymore, okay?"

"Laxus, isn't that a bit cruel..." the green-haired mage asks.

"If I remember correctly, I never wished to go here. You had to be convinced by Bickslow so badly," the blonde scolds.

I assume the one with the medieval outfit must be Bickslow. I hate the fact that I can't see his face, it makes me very uncertain what kind of person he is.

Suddenly the blonde mage turns to me again. "Excuse me, why aren't you gone yet?"

I gasp and look around, hoping someone will come to help and either distract them or throw them out. To my horror, most people are just watching, some even make fun of me.

"I-I'm sorry, sir... I-" I start off, but I don't get a chance to finish my sentence as lightning suddenly speeds my way. I lift my arms and concentrate on them becoming stone. The lightning deflects on it and shoots in every direction, causing a lot of people to jump up and most of the guests to walk out right after.

I lower my arms, as they change back to normal, terrified of the blonde-haired mage. Even though it deflected, my arms hurt terribly. On top of that, he doesn't even seem to have done any effort. He just stands there, one hand risen to his chest and a grin on his face. The two other males stand behind him, their faces don't seem like they approve of it, though it also doesn't seem like they're going to intervene.

"I'm terribly sorry for my worker," I suddenly hear, a maybe even more terrifying, voice behind me. "I'll make sure she won't bother you again. Please come in."

Suddenly someone grabs my hair and I'm being dragged back. I gasp and try getting the manager to let go of my hair. When I finally succeed, he grabs my shoulder and forces me to face him. "Listen up, brat. If you want to keep the place you're living in now, listen to what I say and make sure they're happy. You wouldn't want something happening to your dear brother, would you?"

He always threatens like this, and it always terrifies me. I look up at him with big, teared-up eyes. "N-no, sir. Of course not..."

"Then do you understand?"

"Yes, of course."

He pushes me away, making me lose my balance and fall down to the ground.

"Get up, scum. Go back to work!" he yells at me.

Suddenly I hear behind me the totems of the guy I think is named Bickslow. They chant Laxus's name, even though I have no clue what's going on behind me, and I'm too scared of the manager to turn around.

Suddenly a lightning bolt flies over my head, hitting the manager. I quickly harden my arms again, covering my face as the electricy shoots everywhere after it having hit its target.

"Why is you two trying to distract me such a trouble?" I hear the blonde-haired mage behind me.