Chapter 9

We arrive back at Laxus's place. I walk to the living room and start a movie on the TV to amuse Chase as I start making dinner in the kitchen. I've decided to just use what's in the fridge and make enough for all three of us.

As it's almost finished, suddenly two arms wrap around me from behind and I hear the familiar low voice in my ear. "What are you making?"

"Rice with meat, you didn't have a lot in here," I answer, as I focus on the food.

"I didn't have any time to go the supermarket since gramps decided you had to crash at our place," Laxus says. "And well, after that things got interesting."

I kill the flames and try getting the water out of the pan with rice. "You don't have to stay with me and Chase all the time, on top of that we could join to the supermarket."

"Alright."

We eat dinner and after some more time I put Chase to bed. I stay up with Laxus, having some small talk and, on Laxus's request, cuddle for a bit. Late in the evening I return to the guest room, to sleep next to Chase.

The next four days went the same. I go to the guild with Laxus and Chase, where Chase go off to train and I talk with some people or sit upstairs with Laxus. I've also started training with Erza, though I have less time as Chase as I get distracted all the time by other people asking me things about Laxus, and of course Laxus himself.

In the mean time I've also gotten closer with Laxus, and I'm starting to see a whole different side of him. He can be really gentle and sweet. I've stayed more and longer into his room, as Makarov got closer to Chase in the meantime. Chase has decided to use these oportunities to walk around the house and do fun stuff when having to sleep, he once almost roasted Makarov by practicing his magic in the hall when he came home.

The day after tomorrow is the Miss Fairy Tail contest, and I'm training with Erza at the moment. Laxus headed of with his party, the Thunder God Tribe, though I have no clue what they're doing.

"Can you actually change your body in anything which isn't solid?" Erza asks.

"I can only change my hair in something which isn't solid, though that takes more energy than usually," I explain. "And controlling it is much more difficult, so I usually don't use it."

"Could you please try using it for me?"

I nod and concentrate, as the bottom of my hair catches flame, protecting my back by making it harden to stone as my shirt burns at that exact place. After a few seconds the fire dies out and I'm left there, breathing heavily.

"It sure can be a very strong move," Erza says. "Though indeed drains too much stamina. You should build up more stamina either way, so we're going to train that."

I nod and we continue training, as Laxus walks back in and suddenly wraps an arm around me. "How's your training going?"

"It's going fine, I'm trying to build up stamina," I answer.

He nods and looks at Erza, before looking back at me. "Have you finished for today?"

"Does it matter?" Erza asks. "If I say no, the same as when I say yes, you'll just drag her away."

Laxus looks at Erza, shrugs and wraps an arm around my waist, lifting me up so I have no choice but to go with him upstairs. "I can walk myself, y'know?" I tell him.

"That's exactly the problem, I want you to come with me and have no other choice."

I feel a blush slowly creep onto my cheeks as I look away from him. "You're an idiot, you can also just ask me to come with you. I haven't refused once unless I was in an interesting conversation," I tell him.

"Don't call me an idiot, you weakling." Those are what we've grown kind of accustomed to. I call him an idiot, since he sometimes really doesn't understand a thing about me, and he calls me weakling because he's simply much stronger.

"I'll once catch up to you," I tell him, smiling. "And then I'll be the one to call you weakling and you'll have to find something new."

"You'll never catch up to me, as I'll be training myself too," he brings up.

We sit down upstairs, and continue our discussion until Natsu and Chase return. Chase runs upstairs to pull my shirt.

"Mary, Mary! Natsu and Happy invited me to stay the night, can I? Please, please!" he asks.

I look at him, and next at Natsu. Natsu has taken really good care of Chase during the trainings, and it's clear Chase has only started admiring him more. "If you listen to Natsu and don't bring any trouble, you may," I answer. I don't like the fact that I don't know what the two of them will do, but I'll have to let him go one day.

"Thanks!" He quickly hugs me and runs back to the pink-haired mage.

"I heard there was a fun fair in town," Laxus suddenly mentions.

I stare at him for a few seconds, confused by the sudden comment. "Do you mean to ask me out to the fun fair?" I ask him, chuckling slightly. Laxus sure isn't the romantic type in these things, though he does enough in his own way.

He simply shrugs. "I though you might like it now Chase will be away for the night."

I notice how a small blush covers his cheek, and I softly peck his cheeks. "Sure."

That's when I realise this is probably the first time I kissed him without any specific reason, and somehow it makes me feel really good.

"Wanna go?" he asks. "This place is starting to annoy me."

I smile slightly and get up. "Sure."