Chapter 15

Months have flown by, without even hearing or seeing a trace of Laxus. The last I saw of him was a glimps of his face at the parade.

The first few weeks after Laxus left, we still stayed with master Makarov. I'd lay hours in Laxus's bed, trying to sniff up his scent, or hugging one of his huge shirts. I also claimed one as pyjama, which I still wear at night 'til this day.

The first few weeks I've just been gloomy, having caused everyone a lot of trouble. They had to take care of me and Chase, since I wasn't able to. Now I think back of it, I really wonder what had gotten into me. Everyone goes through a break-up sometime. I guess I just wasn't prepared to face my first heart-break.

After some time Erza dragged me onto a job with Natsu, Lucy, Gray, and Happy. The six of us had to stop a small group of bandits, and did so. Somehow it was a huge relief for me to not sleep in Laxus's bed, and I decided to start renting an appartment for me and Chase. Taking some distance really helped me.

Of course when I decided to rent a place, I also needed money, so I started going on more and more jobs. I ended up teaming up with Gajeel and Pantherlily, which apparently surprised everyone. Maybe it's because his attitude somehow reminds me of Laxus. We're quite good friends now, and it's way too obvious he's into Levy.

I continues praciticing magic with Erza in my free time, and even for some time had a side job in town. This side job took up too much time, and I ended up exhausted, so the guild pleaded for me to stop. My magic level has risen considerately. I can now change what I look like, and armor my skin, much faster and with higher effectiveness. I can also keep up changing my hair into lightning, water, or flames for several minutes. I'm now practicing with Erza to make my hair grow, and control it, to an extent where I can use it as a whip, though my aim is still a bit off.

Also Chase has continued practicing his magic together with Natsu. He's now able to control the flames, which is pretty practical if we don't want him burning down the place at every sneeze. He's able to concentrate it around his fist, and now he's also partially training with Makao to make different flames. Sometimes Romeo seems a bit jealous, though the two get along very well.

It slowly started to get better, even though Fairy Tail is still a chaotic mess with many problems. Chase and me have finally found a home, and we're moving on. The both of us have new friends, and I've also learned to let Chase go his way. Of course I still wish to protect him, but it's okay if he goes out now.

I never forgot about Laxus, of course not, and I also don't have a new boyfriend or anyone I'm interested in. I did get over the pain, having given myself space to grow out of this.

Why am I dreaming about this again? Oh right... My friends... The people who are most important to me.

How come I can't wake up? Am I stuck?

Master Hades... Oh right, we were fighting. Master Hades and his guild, Grimoire Heart, attacked Tenroujima. They said something about Zeref and knocked down many of our members.

Who were with me again? Is Chase here? I try recalling everything, as I can't seem to open my eyes. Oh right, the S-class exam, so Chase should be safe. Master asked me to come so I could watch everyone, changing my own body to fit the scenery, going into a sort of stealth mode.

I guess I'm passed out after all, I think I took a direct hit from the master.

I never knew passing out could be this pieceful, it's like talking to myself and no one interrupting.

Is this really being passed out though? Where are the voices of the rest? The magic power? Why don't I feel any pain? Could I have died during the battle.

I can't have died, I need to return. I promised Chase I would. I'm not that weak after all, right...?

"Mary! Yo, Mary!" Is that Laxus's voice?

He sounds distant, yet very close. It's like something seperates us, like a wall, though I can't figure out what.

Is he on Tenroujima? It can't be right? Maybe I really did die after all.

"Mary! Are you going to sleep for the entire day or what?"

My eyelids seem to get less heavy, as I slightly open them, the sudden light blinding me.

"Someone has decided to join the living," the same familiar voice remarks.

My eyes get used to the light, as I immediately tear up. All the pain of the past months suddenly speeds back as I can barely say the name of the male carrying me.

"L-Laxus...?"