Chapter 17

Third-person narrator:

Seven long years have passed. The guild hasn't gone forward without it's strongest mages being there, and now it's even more empty than usual.

"Hey Romeo, do you think they found Mary and the rest?" a certain 17-year old boy asks. His black hair stands in messy spikes to all sides and his brown eyes are filled with sadness and worry. He has grown up to be handsome young man, and even though he has enough girls who are interested in him, he doesn't seem to be interested in a relationship himself.

"They've been gone for seven whole years. Give it up already," his younger friend answers. He looks muscled, and seems to have gotten his taste in clothing from the pink-haired fire mage. His dark blue hair looks is messy, just longer than his friend's and his big black eyes seem less welcoming. They look a lot warmer as he smiles, which he hasn't done in seven years.

Suddenly the door opens, and some familiar -though less welcome- people come in. Twilight Ogre.

They start insulting the guild, pissing off the two teenagers sitting at a table. The two get up, and fly head on into a confrontation with the Twilight Ogre mages. One using purple, sticky, flames, as the other breaths out regular flames.

Though the two get beaten easily, ending up on the floor, having to be protected by their older guild members.

The door opens again, as a familiar voice says. "We're home!"

"N-Natsu..." Romeo stutters.

"Wait, does that mean-?" Chase gets cut off, as he sees the figure of his older sister with the rest. She doesn't seem much older than him anymore, though he's too caught up in his emotions to notice. Tears start streaming down his cheeks. "Mary!"

Mary shakes off Laxus's hand, leaving the dragons slayers who took it up to beat up Twilight Ogre, and runs over to her little brother. "Chase! I'm so sorry for being away for so long," she apologises, hugging him and holding him close.

"It's okay," the boy cries out. "I'm glad you're back home."

The master walks over to the bar and sits down, smiling as he looks over the happy reunions.

Mary lets go of Chase and observes him. "You've grown so much..." she says, tearing up. "You've grown into such a handsome guy."

"S-stop it!" her little brother says, a small blush covering his cheeks.

"Don't you have a girlfriend yet?" the older sister continues, sticking out her tongue at the embarrassed boy.

"I don't! Now stop it!"

She keeps her mouth shuts, though smiles as she looks at her younger brother. He at first seems a bit uncomfortable, though sighs and smiles back. "Welcome home."

After a few hours the guild is back to it's messy and chaotic self, as if nothing ever changed. Natsu and Gray are fighting, Romeo and Chase are practicing their fire magic and watching Natsu's fight closely, Wendy is still healing some minor injuries, Levy and Lucy are discussing a book.

In a corner Mary is sitting on Laxus's lap. She managed to convince the master to let him stay. She's resting with her shoulder against his chest, looking up at him. He has both arms wrapped around her waist, holding his closely. It's like they were never apart.

They talked for hours on the boat, trying to figure out how to continue. Though in the end, as Laxus said he didn't even think about another girl and never actually wanted to leave, Mary was able to forgive him the pain he caused and they agreed on starting over.

Of course, the feelings of pain and fear of repetition aren't gone, yet she also has hope that the expulsion has changed him.

So for now he got a second chance, and he isn't planning on messing it up. Under the watchful eye of his grandfather he'll try to actually train others and get this guild -as the lousy chaos it is now-, to once become the most well-known guild in all of Fiore.

And of course Mary, and the rest of the guild, share this goal.

~~~~~

Hello everyone, this will be the end of this book. I might want to write a part two, let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading and I hope you all enjoyed it, I at least enjoyed writing this very much.

~Romantic_Princessxx