Chapter 10

As Laxus and I enter the fun fair, my attention can't stop from switching to all the different food stands, attractions and games at the fun fair. That is until I realise I still don't have the money to do any of this.

"Hey Laxus... I don't know if I'll be able to pay for everything..." I admit. I guess it's better to say this now than when we're in the qeue for any attraction or game. 

"What are you mumbling about? I know you have no money. Without that stripclub you basically have no income, right?" Laxus answers. He doesn't lower his voice and I notice how some people look up to us.

"You don't have to let the entire world know," I hiss, feeling my cheeks heat up. "But you're right, I have no income and can't go on jobs yet."

"You really think I'm as stupid as to forget that, weakling?" Laxus asks, raising an eyebrow at me. "I figured I'd be paying, so just don't talk about money and tell me where you want to go."

"What has gotten into you? You're suddenly acting too nice, what do you need?" I ask him, while chuckling.

"I don't need anything from you, I just thought it would be the least annoying activity to do," Laxus says, scoffing at the question.

"Alright alright..." I laugh, looking around. "Can we first get some cotton candy?"

Laxus nods and we walk over to the stand to get some cotton candy. After getting some, we walk over to several stands with games, and somehow Laxus ends up winning a teddybear. He got annoyed by the guy from the stand for having to pick a stuffed animal, electrocuted the guy and pushed the teddybear into my hands, because 'he didn't want to be found dead holding a teddybear'. It's just a regular teddybear, about thirty centimetres tall, now cuddles up against my chest.

That's how we end up at the ferris wheel, around one and a half hour later. We're standing in line, sipping the drinks we just got, waiting to be let in.

"Have you ever been in a ferris wheel?" I ask Laxus, looking up at him.

"Of course I have, haven't you?" he answers.

"I believe I've been in a ferris wheel when I was like ten years old, but that's about it. I can't quite remember," I mention, looking down at the ground. "On top of that, ever since our parents died, I didn't have the money to go into a ferris wheel."

We reach the front of the qeue and step into a carriage. Laxus sits opposite to me, a bit cramped up.

"Why are these things so damned small?" he complains, trying to move his feet. "Can you get up?"

"Why do I need to get up?" I ask him, looking at him in confusion.

"So I can lay my feet there, I'll have more space," he bluntly answers.

"Then where do I sit?"

He sighs and bends forward, grabbing my waist and lifting me up. After having settled his feet on where I was sitting, he puts me down on his lap. "Finally some space."

I feel how my face slightly heats up and rest my head against his chest. "I think we've done everything after this, wanna go home?" I ask him.

"I don't care," Laxus answers, as he slowly wraps his arms around me.

We arrive at the top and I sit up a bit, having a view on the entire city of Magnolia. "That's so pretty!" I exclaim, moving a bit so I can see everything.

"Just stay still, this is annoying," Laxus groans, as he lifts me up a bit and puts me back down in a position which is more comfortable for him.

I quickly apologise and continue looking at the view.

The carriage starts going down again and Laxus lifts me back to sit on the other bench again, as he cramps himself up again for the last few seconds. I quickly get out when we're down, so he can exit too.

"Why don't they make the carriages bigger?" Laxus asks himself, as we're in our way home.

"I don't think the problem is the carriage, you're just too big," I chuckle.

"You don't know half of it," Laxus grins.

I look up, as slowly realisation hit about what he meant. Why must he be such a pervert? I can feel how a blush creeps on my face. "Idiot..."

"What are you turning red for, weakling?" he asks, smirking and wrapping an arm around his waist.

"You're a perverted idiot," I answer, looking up at him.

"Aren't you just as bad if you know what I'm talking about?" Laxus asks. "Or do you maybe not want to admit you're interested?" He grins, looking down at me.

I can feel my cheeks burn, avoiding his stare. "You idiot..."

"Guess we should hurry home," Laxus says as he lifts me up, lifting me over his shoulder.

"Hey wait! Laxus! What are you doing?" But nothing helps as he starts running back to his house. I wave awkwardly at some people standing along the road, and really do hope he hasn't gotten any weird ideas into that head of his.