If Only

I can't believe this is happening

I can't believe this is happening. This was not happening. I searched almost the entire school looking for Evie because I needed her help. I rolled my eyes when I found her talking and laughing with Doug, "There you are. I've been looking everywhere for you", I said as I walked up to them. She looked at me worried, "What's wrong?", she asked. I sighed, "Ben just asked me out...like on a date", I said, freaking out. I noticed both of them try to hold in their laughter at my nervousness, "We can handle this", she said to me before they said their goodbyes.

She grabbed my hand and took me back to our dorm, "You're looking a little pale. I can fix that with some blush", she started. I shook my head, "Nope", I emphatically shot down the idea. The entire walk back to our room and while she and Mal helped me get ready, they both kept trying to calm me down. Right now, Evie was applying some blush to my cheeks, against my wishes, of course, "Okay, easy on the blush. I don't want to scare him away", I told her. Mal laughed a little, "Not like you could do that", she said referring to the love spell that he was under.

Evie smiled at me, "Please. My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes", she said before setting down the blush and brush and grabbing some lipstick. "Yeah, I never had a mom to teach me any of that", I said before she started applying the color to my lips, "And I never had a sister". Mal looked at me, "Well now you have two", she said with a smile. Evie nodded, "We're gonna need all the family we can get if we don't pull this off. My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way. Just ask Snow White", she said.

I looked at her, "Are you scared of her?", I asked my friend. She shrugged, "Sometimes. Are you scared of your dad?", she asked back. I sighed, "I just feel like I'm not good enough for him. No matter what I do, I always seem to disappoint him. I mean, I'm sure he loves me, in his own way", I said, looking down. She grabbed my hand, wanting to bring me away from that dark place, "Moving on. Come see", she said as she guided me over to the mirror in the room.

I laughed a little as I looked at myself, "Wow", I whispered, breathless at my own appearance

I laughed a little as I looked at myself, "Wow", I whispered, breathless at my own appearance. Her and Mal stood behind me, "I know", Evie said with a big smile. "I look...", I trailed off, not knowing what to say. She nudged me, "Say it", she prompted me. "Beautiful. I didn't know I could look like this", I said shocked at how I could ever look this nice. Mal scoffed, "Giselle, you always have been beautiful. We just accentuated your natural beauty", she told me.