Chapter 17: Diwali [Part 1]

//So Diwali is a holiday that's like the Hindu festival of lights, is usually lasts like five days and it's celebrated during the Hindu Lunisolar month Kartika (November in this story, Nov 14th to be exact since that's actually when it happens this year). It's one of the most popular festivals of Hinduism, Diwali symbolizes the spiritual "Victory of light over darkness, good over evil, and knowledge over ignorance." And gift giving happens usually so I thought it would be cute for Max to make something for David who has like no idea what that day is and they kinda celebrate together and bond, also angst tho.

//Also this animated show up there was made by my friend and I help more in the later episodes so please go support that it would mean a lot

//ALSO from another story I was writing- A few fans had asked about me making a Tom body pillow (from SVTFOE) so if that's something you'd wanna buy I might make a shop and sell some stuff like that, I might even make merch if you'd want something, from this story or any others I've written. Let me know in the comments or something. And awayyy we goooo

.

Max came out from his room, nearly ready for school. He usually walked unless he ever had to carry things, usually for his art club. He sat down at the table after getting a juice pouch. "Goodmorning Max!" David said with a wide smile, "..Morning" David only smiled more, thankful that Max even bothered to respond to him today. "Hey. I need you to pick me up today, were getting some clay stuff back and I dont feel like carrying it."

David perked up, "You did projects?? That's so cool I cant wait to see!" Max held back a smile, David was always excited to see what he was doing, and always appreciated his work.. But like, really appreciated it. Not that bullshit fake stuff where you only act impressed. Though David was pretty easy to impress.. "I uh.." Max started again, already getting up and heading to the door to avoid Davids reaction. "I- I'll text you when class is over, bye." He said before heading out, that wasn't what he wanted to say though.. "Have a great day Max!" David called out from his seat. 

Once Max was at school he quickly got to his homeroom, sitting next to another kid who everyone just called "Aadi" which was short for Aadidev but as if anyone knew how to say it correctly. "Are! Divaalee kee shubhakaamanaen Max!" Max was taken a bit back but he forced a smile, "Uh, s-shubh deevaalee Aadi.." He hadn't forgotten that today was Diwali of course but it had been almost a year since he'd heard or even spoken Hindi, and it wasn't like his parents could ever have a normal holiday. His friend just smiled as their homeroom teacher started to speak, getting the attention of the room and going over the days club activities before the bell rung.

(Aadi said "Hey, Happy Diwali' Or like, Diwali Greetings kinda, and Max just said it back)

After school Max was going to go straight to art club but his last class was home ec.  But there was something else he wanted to do before heading over. He'd asked his teacher a few days ago if he could try to make batasha, a type of candy. But she told him something along the lines of "If you do it in class you better make enough for everyone!" 

So he did it after everyone left, problem solved. Only it wasn't solved.. He fucked it up, Max wasn't exactly the best at baking.. But it wasn't easy cooking that shit without help, do you have any idea how easy it is for sugar to burn??

He wanted to try again but there really wasn't time, so he headed to the club room to get what he'd made. Once he got to the room he texted David, "Hey schools over. You can get me now, just dont embarrass me, there's still people around." To which David soon responded, "Sure thing Max! But if you aren't outside I'll have to come in there and get ya! So just make sure you're ready to go alright?"