3 - don't even think of going out

CHAPTER THREE: "don't even think of going out"

proof read.

-

jj's pov:

when i got home late my dad was passed out on the couch. since i beat the shit outta him he hasn't hit me. i tried to not wake him because i can't be bothered with an arguement, but i tripped over something and fell to the ground with a big thud.

'what the fuck?' i cursed.

dad stirred and groaned. 'what the hell are you doin'  dumbass' he grumbled.

'i tripped over some shit you left in the middle of the fucking room' i muttered, walking towards my room.

'hey come here jj you little bastard!' he growled at me. i turned round and crossed my eyebrows at him, laughing. 'you're not fucking funny'. he stepped forwards towards me, 'i've taken so much shit from you in the past month because you're psycho-ass friend rode into a storm in MY boat, but i don't fucking need this, especially not from YOU'

'need what? i only give back what you've given me' i scoffed.

'you know what i've given you??' he spat, stepping forward once again, 'everything! you're an ungratful little shit, but you're basically an adult, on your birthday if you're lucky i'll give you a pat on your fucking back but once you're 18 you have no place in my home.'

i scoffed again, when he heard this he grabbed the front of my shirt and pushed me against the wall, 'listen jj. you need to get rid of this attitude or you'll be out before you're 18!'

'you can't do that' i panted, unable to breathe properly as he moved his hand to my throat.

'its my fucking house, i'll do what i want' he shouted in my face before letting me drop the ground, he swung for my face but i dodged it and he punched the wall. 'ah you little shit' he cursed.

i jumped up and made my way accross the room as he held his fist in pain, but i wasn't quick enough. he ran up and punched me eound the back of my head, disorientating me making me fall and hit my head on the door. 'idiot' he muttered, standing over me for a second and then walking out onto the porch, not caring that the door hit me as he opened it.

the next night, 6pm...

pope's pov: 

theres a party tonight down at the beach, of course rafe, topper and the rest of the kooks will be there but me and kie agreed we need a good party. we tried calling jj about ten times but he didn't answer so we're at his house, i feel uncomfortable bringing kiara here if jj's dad is here but she insisted we needed jj for some reason.

nobody answered when she rang the doorbell, 'kie stay behind me' i said, opening the door, she rolled her eyes.

'come on we both know who'd be better at defending us out of us two' she complained.

i sighed and carried on inside, nobody seemed to be around. kie wandered to the door of jj's room, 'j?' she called, biting her lip. 'you in there?'

i stood behind her, 'jj?' she called again, finally jj responded with a groan. she frowned and made her way in, coving her eyes, 'i'm coming in, you better be decent! theres a party tonight we're gonna go get fucked up-' she stopped when she turned the light on. jj's neck was a dark purple, as if it was squeezed pretty hard, the side of his face was purple and swollen.

'jj what the fuck' kiara said

'a party? cool' jj responded, putting on a smile that's obviously fake.

'bro what the fuck happened?' i asked.

'did he do this to you?' kie asked, stepping foward and running her fingers down the side of jj's face where it was swollen, he flinched. 'your dad hit you again.' she stated, i couldn't see her face but her voice was riddled with concern.

'what? no no i got into a fight...' jj muttered, jumping up. at this point i realised he was only in his boxers.

kiara didn't look away, instead she sighed, 'jj don't even think of going out, fuck, look at the cut on the side of your head' she protested.

'kie' i called, seeing jj's fist clench slightly. 'come on let him change'

'no, what the fuck pope?' she said, turning to me. 'he is NOT going to the party he needs to rest'

'shit kie loosen up' jj's bursted out, turning to face us. 'get the fuck out i'll meet you at your car'

with that he pushed us both out of his room.

--------------

A/N: haven't really been doing author's notes for this book but if i ever need to say anything i will.

my update schedule is kinda fucked, of course i have a lot of free time with the corona virus and i don't need to do my GCSE exams anymore, and i don't go to sixth form collage until september. but i'll be honest i don't get inspiration to write much anymore so my schedule is basically whenever i can.

at the moment every time i finish a chapter i end up starting the next one because i'm still inspired, so idk if i finish two in a row i probably won't do a double upload but i'll definitely post the second one the next day/night! 

my spelling and typing skills are really shit sometimes so i'll try proofread and get that sorted out!

thanks so much for reading!